Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-24-2010, 08:02 AM   #1
al zymers
al zymers began at the beginning.

Device: cooler
erm, simple question , hope for simple answer!

like to buy another e reader as my cooler screen has died...but I am unsure if kindle allows books I have bought already to be uploaded. They are in adobe digital editions....it seems from all I have read that kindle only want you to buy books from them?
so can i upload from ADE???

thanks from a newbie
al zymers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:14 AM   #2
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Hi Al
I'm still new to this world, but ..
Simple answer is : No
It might be possible to strip the ADE protection from YOUR books, then convert them to a format suitable for Kindle. Whether this is legal for you to do, depends where you live.
Hope you'll more informed answers from the more experienced.
Cheers,
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2010, 09:29 AM   #3
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
What pchrist7 said is correct. Adobe Digital Editions will have DRM protection and a file format that isn't compatible with the Kindle.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:47 AM   #4
foghat
Evangelist
foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3
it is very easy to remove the adobe drm. Just do a google search for:

remove epub drm

Click the first link, look at post #3.

Once you have removed the drm, you can use Calibre to convert the file to .mobi - which is readable on the kindle.
foghat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:59 AM   #5
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
They're correct, you can't use a Kindle for that. My suggestion is to check out either the jetBook or the Astak 5" reader. Both have Adobe DRM and a very wide selection of non-DRM file formats. They're also fairly inexpensive. I have a jetBook and a K3 and I like them both. Before I bought the jetBook, I looked very seriously at the Astak. There's a forum for that.

Regards,
Jack Tingle
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2010, 01:01 PM   #6
al zymers
al zymers began at the beginning.

Device: cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by foghat View Post
it is very easy to remove the adobe drm. Just do a google search for:

remove epub drm

Click the first link, look at post #3.

Once you have removed the drm, you can use Calibre to convert the file to .mobi - which is readable on the kindle.
this is interesting thanks will have a look...its not for many books just that its a shame to lose access to them when (if) I buy a kindle

thanks for all the responses
al zymers is offline   Reply With Quote