Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 11-13-2009, 10:26 AM   #1
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
PPro forgets installed mobipocket font

I have converted all my drm-free books to mobipocket so I can have more choices with fonts and fontsizes. But I have run into a problem with fonts I loaded on the pocketpro. FYI, the fonts are loaded in the main memory and all my books are on main memory. There is no SD card installed. I can select the installed fonts fine from a mobipocket file and they display nicely. But when I exit the book and reopen it, the font reverts back to times. Could I request this bug get fixed in the next firmware? Thanks.
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 12:49 PM   #2
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Copied your post and will send to the factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by tselling View Post
I have converted all my drm-free books to mobipocket so I can have more choices with fonts and fontsizes. But I have run into a problem with fonts I loaded on the pocketpro. FYI, the fonts are loaded in the main memory and all my books are on main memory. There is no SD card installed. I can select the installed fonts fine from a mobipocket file and they display nicely. But when I exit the book and reopen it, the font reverts back to times. Could I request this bug get fixed in the next firmware? Thanks.
Dear tselling:

Thank you for the post. I copied your whole post and will send to the factory to try to get a firmware upgrade to rectify this.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2009, 04:40 AM   #3
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tselling View Post
This is highly annoying, I agree, but it's in the Jinke's part of the firmware. The Mini also has this same problem...

If Astak manages to bring out a firmware with this problem fixed, I'd switch faster than lightspeed...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:24 AM   #4
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
This is highly annoying, I agree, but it's in the Jinke's part of the firmware. The Mini also has this same problem...
As does the BeBook. Quite annoying, certainly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
If Astak manages to bring out a firmware with this problem fixed, I'd switch faster than lightspeed...
It was one of the reasons I switched to OpenInkpot on my BeBook (besides the higher 'tweakability' of FBReader in OI), but that doesn't help you for the PocketPro & cousins.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote