Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-11-2011, 03:40 PM   #121
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tome Keeper View Post
I bought a new one today, but I kinda had to as it was one of my favourite author's works.

[...]

I need to stop buying books though, my calibre library took well over an hour to back-up last night!!
There's nothing wrong with a large calibre library, if you've read most of the books in it. It's buying more books when you already have a year or more of ebooks waiting to be read....

The favourite author thing is hard. But no matter who launches a new ebook, I'm not buying another until July at the earliest!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 03:42 PM   #122
Tome Keeper
Addict
Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard, Surface Tablet, Android Smartphone, Laptop, Netbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
There's nothing wrong with a large calibre library, if you've read most of the books in it. It's buying more books when you already have a year or more of ebooks waiting to be read....
I think last time I worked it out that I had 7 years worth of reading to do in my Calibre library
Tome Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2011, 03:45 PM   #123
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I think last time I worked it out that I had 7 years worth of reading to do in my Calibre library
Welcome to the support thread. You obviously need our help. Are you up to taking a pledge? How about no more ebooks for a week — start off with an easy one.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:51 PM   #124
Tome Keeper
Addict
Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard, Surface Tablet, Android Smartphone, Laptop, Netbook
Quote:
Welcome to the support thread. You obviously need our help. Are you up to taking a pledge? How about no more ebooks for a week — start off with an easy one.
I think I can manage that, with the caveat that it doesn't include review copies. I will also read at least two books off my list.
Tome Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 03:59 PM   #125
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
I think I can manage that, with the caveat that it doesn't include review copies. I will also read at least two books off my list.
Best of luck. Review copies (& other free ebooks) don't count. Only ebooks for which you actually pay some money.
Advert
Old 06-11-2011, 06:06 PM   #126
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
My NYT Book Review arrived on my Kindle today.
I read it.

[I'm so ashamed.]
[I have fallen.]
[Again.]
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 08:21 PM   #127
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
one of my friends on GR set her 2011 reading challenge to 500 books. i think, given the number on our TBR list, we would do well to follow her example
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:55 PM   #128
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Why didn't somebody tell me there was a meeting in this room?
I've been next door in the Deals room curled up in a corner crying for help.

Hello my name is apesmom and I have an ebook hoarding problem. I'm spending more time reading about reading and shopping for deals than actually reading.

I've had my NC for a little over 4 months and now have 451 books in my library. I've spent more than $1 on 113 and still have almost 400 left to read (not counting my DTB TBR pile which has dwindled to a mere 70).

I cannot resist a sale or coupon code, thinking that if I don't buy it now on sale for $2 it will cost $8 if I want to read it in 2 years. I need help . . . oh wait is that a new Kobo code . . . .brb.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:06 PM   #129
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
one of my friends on GR set her 2011 reading challenge to 500 books. i think, given the number on our TBR list, we would do well to follow her example
A lot of time available or really fast reader?

Before my son I was a book a day person. Now I'm lucky to finish a book in a week.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:21 PM   #130
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by odiakkoh View Post
A lot of time available or really fast reader?

Before my son I was a book a day person. Now I'm lucky to finish a book in a week.
I can do a book a day for a while, but I can't sustain it for more than a couple of weeks before I need to slow down for a bit. Otherwise I get "book overload".
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:33 PM   #131
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
I can do a book a day for a while, but I can't sustain it for more than a couple of weeks before I need to slow down for a bit. Otherwise I get "book overload".
This, it's like sprinting. You have to slow down and take a breather. Or, rather, I do.

I always set my GoodReads challenge to 365, but I don't ever expect to meet it. I just like to see my little progress bar.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:36 PM   #132
Hoyt Clagwell
Not an Addict
Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The blue one next to the fish.
I am not an ebook addict. Though I am an ebook device addict. They seem to keep getting better all the time.
Hoyt Clagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:50 PM   #133
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Lol for me reading was life. I didn't do anything else but eat, sleep and read...sometimes skipping the first 2. Now I spend more time reading online forums about reading lol. Easier to walk away if needed :P
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 02:13 AM   #134
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Hello my name is apesmom and I have an ebook hoarding problem. I'm spending more time reading about reading and shopping for deals than actually reading.

I've had my NC for a little over 4 months and now have 451 books in my library. I've spent more than $1 on 113 and still have almost 400 left to read (not counting my DTB TBR pile which has dwindled to a mere 70).

I cannot resist a sale or coupon code, thinking that if I don't buy it now on sale for $2 it will cost $8 if I want to read it in 2 years. I need help . . . oh wait is that a new Kobo code . . . .brb.
Welcome to the support thread. If you read through, there are several useful suggestions for ways to avoid this problem. Set yourself a goal, and post it here. If you're tempted, post here, and we'll encourage you to resist. Now go and read a book. You know you want to...

It is now six days since I last bought an ebook. Thanks everyone.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:44 AM   #135
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Welcome to the support group. When did you last buy? (Others may have different opinions, but I don't count freebies.)
I think it was about 2 weeks ago, not bad eh? But I may be forced to buy my next book club book as an ebook, it's cheaper than the pbook. How many freebies do we have to get before they count do you reckon?
amward is offline   Reply With Quote