Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-04-2018, 04:38 PM   #301
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Moderator Notice

@marm2017 - Please post in English - a Google translate of Spanish, French, whatever is normally adequate? See my my edit to post 300. The maintainer of the plugin may not understand Spanish.

Thanks

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 05:07 PM   #302
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
The problem is how you define the language. You have to use the ISO 639-2 code (Spa for Spanish, Eng for English) instead of the label. In that way it works fine. So, the only problem is that the plugin discard a field that it doesn't know how to translate.

---

El problema es cómo defines el idioma. Tienes que usar el código ISO 639-2 (Spa para español, Eng para inglés) en lugar de la etiqueta. Así va bien. Por tanto, el único problema es que el plugin descarta un campo que no sabe cómo traducir.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 06:08 PM   #303
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
The problem is how you define the language. You have to use the ISO 639-2 code (Spa for Spanish, Eng for English) instead of the label. In that way it works fine. So, the only problem is that the plugin discard a field that it doesn't know how to translate.

---

El problema es cómo defines el idioma. Tienes que usar el código ISO 639-2 (Spa para español, Eng para inglés) en lugar de la etiqueta. Así va bien. Por tanto, el único problema es que el plugin descarta un campo que no sabe cómo traducir.
My notes when I released the language supporting version included the names as well as the code. But, it's likely that the names are simple versions without any accented characters, effectively longer codes rather than the names. It could just be that I am mishandling the input and normalizing it or something might fix it.

@marm2017: Can you post or PM the CSV file so that I can test it. I can't promise to fix this, but, I'll have a look.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 12:47 AM   #304
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
My notes when I released the language supporting version included the names as well as the code. But, it's likely that the names are simple versions without any accented characters, effectively longer codes rather than the names. It could just be that I am mishandling the input and normalizing it or something might fix it.
If I use as name "English" instead of "Inglés" it works but "Chino" (without accented characters) doesn't work. So, I'm afraid the problem is the language
Old 01-05-2018, 05:19 AM   #305
marm2017
marm2017 began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
Quote:
If I use as name "English" instead of "Inglés" it works but "Chino" (without accented characters) doesn't work. So, I'm afraid the problem is the language

Thanks for answering. I will keep trying.
marm2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 07:38 AM   #306
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Beta: Fix handling of languages

I've looked at the way the languages are being imported and realised that I had missed a case. This meant that it was not correctly handling language names in the local language. It was handling the two or three letter codes plus the English name for the language. This change will allow the language to be entered in the language used for the calibre interface.

For example, if using Spanish, any of the following can be used to set the book language to Spanish:

- Español
- esp
- es
- es-SP (and any other code like this)
- Spanish

I have tested this with the CSV file that marm2017 sent, with a few changes. Please test and tell me if it works properly.

Last edited by davidfor; 02-13-2018 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Removed beta as it has been released.
Old 01-07-2018, 05:12 PM   #307
marm2017
marm2017 began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
Quote:
I've looked at the way the languages are being imported and realised that I had missed a case. This meant that it was not correctly handling language names in the local language. It was handling the two or three letter codes plus the English name for the language. This change will allow the language to be entered in the language used for the calibre interface.

For example, if using Spanish, any of the following can be used to set the book language to Spanish:

- Español
- esp
- es
- es-SP (and any other code like this)
- Spanish

I have tested this with the CSV file that marm2017 sent, with a few changes. Please test and tell me if it works properly.
Problem solved. Now it works perfectly.
Thank you very much.
Happy 2018
marm2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:14 AM   #308
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

I have a question about this plugin. I want to import some data to columns of type "Text, fixed set of values" (excuse the wording, I use the Spanish interface, it's like an enumerated column), but they don't appear in the list of fields I want to import. Is that right?

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 01-12-2018 at 12:17 AM. Reason: typo
Old 01-12-2018, 12:33 AM   #309
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I have a question about this plugin. I want to import some data to columns of type "Text, fixed set of values" (excuse the wording, I use the Spanish interface, it's like an enumerated column), but they don't appear in the list of fields I want to import. Is that right?
I had to look at the code. Not, it doesn't display these types of columns. I'm not sure why. It's probably because there is no way to ensure the input is in the set of values. I think the only thing you could do would be to reject the value and not set it if it isn't valid. Which is effectively what happens with the language.

I'll try and have a look over the weekend. If doing the above isn't hard, I'll add it.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:38 AM   #310
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I had to look at the code. Not, it doesn't display these types of columns. I'm not sure why. It's probably because there is no way to ensure the input is in the set of values. I think the only thing you could do would be to reject the value and not set it if it isn't valid. Which is effectively what happens with the language.

I'll try and have a look over the weekend. If doing the above isn't hard, I'll add it.
Thank you very much!
Old 01-13-2018, 12:42 AM   #311
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Beta: Support enumeration columns

It turned out the change to handle enumeration columns or "Text, but with a fixed set of permitted values" was simple. So here is a beta that does this.

This will add the "Text, but with a fixed set of permitted values" columns to the list of fields that can be selected when importing. But, it makes no attempt to validate the values. If the value in the import file is in the list of permitted values, it will be used. If it isn't, then it will be ignored. No error will be shown. This is similar to the languages column.

I have done a little testing with my one-and-only column of this type. It seems to work. Tell me if there are any problems. If I hear everything is OK, I'll release this properly next week.

Last edited by davidfor; 02-13-2018 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Removed beta as it has been released.
Old 01-13-2018, 04:28 AM   #312
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Thank you!, it works totally fine for me (two columns from my side, with right values, I haven't tested wrong values).
Old 01-21-2018, 07:58 AM   #313
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Update to version 1.3.0

Version 1.3.0 of the plugin was released earlier. The changes in this release are:
  • Change: All importing columns of type "Text, but with a fixed set of permitted values".
  • Fix: Improve handling of languages.
  • Change: Use calibre author decoding instead of custom code. This uses the tweak.

These changes were included in the last few betas.

As usual, calibre will announce the update as available. And if there are any problems, please report them here.
Old 02-13-2018, 03:58 AM   #314
Inukami
Zealot
Inukami began at the beginning.

Device: Mac Pro 2013 & Mini 2018, iPad Mini 4, iPhone 11, iBooks, K4Mac/PC
Hi,

I'm getting the following error when I try and import a CSV book list using the Import List plugin.

Quote:
ERROR: Unhandled exception

Error: new-line character seen in unquoted field - do you need to open the file in universal-newline mode?
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. What does that error message mean? The CSV list has columns that match my library. I would greatly appreciate any help you can provide or step by step instructions.

Thanks,

Inukami
Inukami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 04:34 AM   #315
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inukami View Post
Hi,

I'm getting the following error when I try and import a CSV book list using the Import List plugin.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. What does that error message mean? The CSV list has columns that match my library. I would greatly appreciate any help you can provide or step by step instructions.

Thanks,

Inukami
That says there ia ONE or more DATA (records) locations with the wrong data type in a Numbers only position. (A real PITA to spot in a large table)

"words", Numbers, Numbers, "words",Numbers, Numbers,

One of your numbers might have a comma, throwing
off the type trying to be inserted into the numbers after the second 'word' (in this example)

Try importing the CSV into a NEW spreadsheet, then verify the suggested column types (a text instead of Numeric or date)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
column types