Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 12-01-2017, 07:02 AM   #1
machinogodzilla
Addict
machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PBook 902† Kindle† Nook SimpleTouch† Onyx M92† i86† M96 N96ML NotePro
Question New subforum for ReMarkable ereader?

Hello,

As you may be aware there is a newcomer to the ereader family called ReMarkable. Fortunately it has finally materialised, a rare event in the world of ereaders, and sold quite a few units to the early supporters and now sells to the general public.

I think this is enough to create a subforum specifically for this device in the More E-Book Readers section, since it is still a fledgling and may not yet be fit for the E-Book Readers parent category that is for the more established devices.

There has been a lot of buzz around the device on the interwebs and now that it has been finally released a lot of talk about the features, missing features, bugs, improvements, general feelings, etc. Unfortunately this is scattered all over the place, with lots of talking happening on Facebook, which in my opinion is a platform that is ill fit for this purpose (I call it 'write-only' or 'write-and-forget', good luck if you are trying to find a specific post there) as well as random blogs, mini-forums, groups and so on.

There are also some posts scattered all over this forum in different categories with redirects to one mega post about the device, that doesn't serve well in handling multiple discussions happening simultaneously. I feel it is time for mobiread to solve it once and for all and create a ReMarkable hub in the same way as they did for other devices

What do you think?

machinogodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 05:59 PM   #2
Philippe D.
Addict
Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2o; reMarkable; Onyx Max 2 Pro
I fully support the idea. There are a number of possible topics regarding this device (notably, the possible software evolution, exploration of its "hacking"... plenty to discuss) and the general thread served mostly to discuss it before it was really available.
Philippe D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 04:15 AM   #3
Pizza_Cant_Read
Sentient Sauce
Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 9th Gen Oasis
I support this idea, if and only if you install Calibre Companion and tell me how it works. Just kidding! But it does sound like an interesting device, one that I would enjoy learning about.

Last edited by Pizza_Cant_Read; 12-02-2017 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Changed 'reading' to 'learning', just because I can and I think it sounds better.
Pizza_Cant_Read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 05:29 PM   #4
machinogodzilla
Addict
machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

ReMarkable has landed a spot on Tom's Hardware Most Innovative Tech of 2017 list alongside devices such as Nintendo or iPhone. Hopefully such appearances will bring some fresh air and excitement to the slow world of ereaders...
Old 12-20-2017, 02:02 PM   #5
rcaban
rcaban ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcaban ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcaban ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcaban ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcaban ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcaban ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcaban ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcaban ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcaban ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcaban ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcaban ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: reMarkable Tablet
I own the reMarkable

I own the reMarkable tablet and would love to post a short yet insightful review. I still do not see a well defined area to post that review however if that gets created, then I will post to the new sub-forum.

Raul Caban
rcaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 11:55 AM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Generally it takes quite a bit of interest to make a new forum for a product. For now use "More E-Book Readers" forum and build up an interest. There is a wiki page for the product ReMarkable

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 12:08 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Generally it takes quite a bit of interest to make a new forum for a product. For now use "More E-Book Readers" forum and build up an interest. There is a wiki page for the product ReMarkable

Dale
How about adding in a prefix for ReMarkable in the "More eBook Readers" forum so if enough interest ever happens, the threads can be easily moved.

Last edited by JSWolf; 12-22-2017 at 12:13 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 07:46 AM   #8
machinogodzilla
Addict

Just some stats to help gauge the interest amongst the second class citizens. Yep, too much spare time on my hands today...

Code:
Brand                 Posts

Plastic Logic         57
Remarkable            281
Netronix              989
Legacy E-Book         1060
BeBook                1424
Interead COOL-ER      1448
iRiver Story          2028
Fictionwise eBookwise 2808
HanLin eBook          4637
Ectaco jetBook        11294
Astak EZReader        20186
Bookeen               27243
iRex                  44322
Code:
Brand                 Devices  Posts/Device

Plastic Logic         1        57
Netronix              10       99
Remarkable            1        281
Legacy E-Book         3        353
BeBook                3        475
Fictionwise eBookwise 5        562
HanLin eBook          8        580
Interead COOL-ER      2        724
iRiver Story          1        2028
Ectaco jetBook        2        5647
Bookeen               4        6811
iRex                  3        14774
Astak EZReader        1        20186
Old 12-23-2017, 11:54 AM   #9
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
There have been 9 threads started for Remarkable including this one and one about Calibre support.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 08:40 AM   #10
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by machinogodzilla View Post
Just some stats to help gauge the interest amongst the second class citizens. Yep, too much spare time on my hands today...

Code:
Brand                 Posts

Plastic Logic         57
Remarkable            281
Netronix              989
Legacy E-Book         1060
BeBook                1424
Interead COOL-ER      1448
iRiver Story          2028
Fictionwise eBookwise 2808
HanLin eBook          4637
Ectaco jetBook        11294
Astak EZReader        20186
Bookeen               27243
iRex                  44322
Code:
Brand                 Devices  Posts/Device

Plastic Logic         1        57
Netronix              10       99
Remarkable            1        281
Legacy E-Book         3        353
BeBook                3        475
Fictionwise eBookwise 5        562
HanLin eBook          8        580
Interead COOL-ER      2        724
iRiver Story          1        2028
Ectaco jetBook        2        5647
Bookeen               4        6811
iRex                  3        14774
Astak EZReader        1        20186
Doing a quick Google, there were 2 versions of the Astak readers, a 6" and a 5"?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
category, ereader, forum, mobiread, remarkable