Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-24-2011, 05:24 PM   #151
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by erverg View Post
Thx for answering.

Well that's the point, I want to avoid the file navigation tab which is not very dynamic in terms of sorting/filtering.

All my ebooks are epubs, just some covers are displayed as thumbs and some others aren't. And I am wondering why, since Calibre display them all.
If you really have only epubs you can circumvent the given library structure by tagging your books in Calibre with the authors name, it then will show up un the "Genre" folder, but I find this solution quite unsatisfactory, as it only works with epub files and needs you to remove the whole library from the device and transfer it back before taking effect.
The thums problem I have no idea, I just checked on my PB its the same,and apparently it has nothing to do with file-size, resolution or colours, I checked for that.
Maybe your reader simply doesn't like them
Try removing the Books from the device, remove cover in Calibre, add it again and retransfer. Let me know if it works
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:19 PM   #152
erverg
erverg began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
Try removing the Books from the device, remove cover in Calibre, add it again and retransfer. Let me know if it works
Thank you, I'll tell you if it worked.

But right now I just wanna smash my PB on the edge of the table, since almost every time I do something, I got plenty of freezes either at startup or when attempting to access the library.
erverg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:32 PM   #153
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erverg View Post
Thank you, I'll tell you if it worked.

But right now I just wanna smash my PB on the edge of the table, since almost every time I do something, I got plenty of freezes either at startup or when attempting to access the library.
Had that too after transferring a few hundred books: remove the SD Card and start again, after accessing the Library switch back to main menu then shutdown.
Insert card and start. GIVE IT 5 MINUTES TO REORGANIZE (green LED off), then try to access the library via the favourites icon, that normally works
Old 01-24-2011, 07:06 PM   #154
erverg
erverg began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 602
Well I don't use any SD card, but you know, after a few reboots, resets and a memory formatting...

The book cover manipulation didn't work. Nevermind, I give up. I'll deal with the list view. Thanks for trying to help though.

However I'd really like to know if sorting by authors (or better, by path and filename) is possible in the library tab. Thus I wouldn't have to put all the files in the same directory to view all my books at once in a coherent order. Maybe editing a system file can make it, anyone can help ?
erverg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:48 AM   #155
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
I tried Igor's RSS program. It is very handy. I don't read much news, more blogs and articles so it does not bother me to transfer files from PC with USB. Bluetooth is fast too because the RSS ebooks (with each day's articles as a chapter) are pretty small. One transfer is enough to read for a few days. Highly recommended.

Last edited by jshzh; 02-05-2011 at 02:11 PM.
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:53 PM   #156
jozzieman
jozzieman began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 602 pro
Unhappy frozen pocketbook 602 pro

hello all. I just got my pocketbook 602 pro. I downlaoded the new firmware and i put an sd card with some books on. The not dutch books, i deleted out of the directory.
I could read soms pages. But after a few times doing things, the pocketbook got just 'frozen' all the time. Sometimes with a reset, i manage to start again, most of the time he just stops at the 'bookland screen'. With or without the sd card.
Can anyone help me out, please?
jozzieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:20 AM   #157
sidramalik100
sidramalik100 began at the beginning.

Device: none
thanks you have share the nice information about the pocket Books and i hope these all are much effected for all of us and we all will enjoy with them
sidramalik100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:19 PM   #158
ANico
ANico began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 903
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but today I realized how to fix the browser homepage:

For months I'd been wondering why the browser insisted on using Google as homepage, no matter what I set up in the Preferences dialog. Turns out the default "webbrowser" application shortcut passes http://google.com as parameter - so I edited that file*, removed the parameter and now everything works as expected.

*don't recall the exact location right now, should be easy to find though
ANico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:32 AM   #159
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
jozzieman

Welcome to Mobileread ....

Hopefully some one will pop in and give you some assistance ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:33 PM   #160
troll05
Harmless idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jozzieman View Post
hello all. I just got my pocketbook 602 pro. I downlaoded the new firmware and i put an sd card with some books on. The not dutch books, i deleted out of the directory.
I could read soms pages. But after a few times doing things, the pocketbook got just 'frozen' all the time. Sometimes with a reset, i manage to start again, most of the time he just stops at the 'bookland screen'. With or without the sd card.
Can anyone help me out, please?
Hmmm, sounds like the usual freezes it gets sometimes if you change greater amounts of books in the library.
Have you tried reflashing the FW, that's kind of last resort. When you get it running again try entering the library via the "Favourites" widget on the main menu, and if you add or delete books in the future never do more than ~100 per session. These freezes seem to result from internal reorganization of the library. With me it always helps to remove the SD card, because I don't use the internal memory, unfortunately you deletet all those books on the internal card

Best luck, troll05
Old 06-24-2011, 08:58 AM   #161
CyGuy
Avid Reader
CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 902, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, ASUS TF700, and Cybook Gen III
New PocketBook 902 owner here, love it by the way.

My question: Does anyone know how to completely turn off the accelerometer? I found the setting for keeping the screen orientation but here is the issue: Every time I move the device the green LED at the bottom lights up due to it sensing movement. I would really like to turn off the accelerometer so it won't do that. Anyone know if there is a setting for this?
CyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:17 AM   #162
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
It seems that there is no setting for it (and many people here wish to have one !).
You can't do more than you've already done. I suspect it drains some battery power the whole time.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:00 AM   #163
GinaA
GinaA began at the beginning.

Device: PB360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyGuy View Post
New PocketBook 902 owner here, love it by the way.

My question: Does anyone know how to completely turn off the accelerometer? I found the setting for keeping the screen orientation but here is the issue: Every time I move the device the green LED at the bottom lights up due to it sensing movement. I would really like to turn off the accelerometer so it won't do that. Anyone know if there is a setting for this?
Hi, I think you can forward your question here. Looks like one experienced user know how to do it.

Now, this is out of the context, does anyone know whether or not you can read Barnes & Noble book on PB 360+ ?
GinaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:57 AM   #164
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaA View Post
Hi, I think you can forward your question here. Looks like one experienced user know how to do it.

Now, this is out of the context, does anyone know whether or not you can read Barnes & Noble book on PB 360+ ?
Yes, you can.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:03 PM   #165
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
Tested:
ADATA 32G Class 10 microSD card works well on 602 Pro. It is faster.
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote