Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-04-2010, 09:47 PM   #1
mwdowns
mwdowns began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
1.5 and Softroot problem

Hello folks.

Before the 1.5 update last month, I was running the most current version of the nookdevs softroot on my Nook. I decided that I would give the 1.5 update a try, and from my understanding, once running the update would lose the softroot. That wasn't a problem.

Well, I ran the update, but the softroot is still there. Yay, right? Wrong. Now every time that I leave one of the menu options (like Settings or My Library or whatever) I am always asked which software environment I want to run in: home (1.5 official software) or Launcher (nookdevs softroot). There's a popup on the eink screen offering "complete this action using" with a checkbox saying "use by default this action", but I am unable to check the checkbox.

Any ideas how I can get that checkbox checked? Or what I need to do to get rid of the softroot?

Thank you.
mwdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:00 PM   #2
firefox
MR Gen Z Representative
firefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enough

Device: Barnes & Noble NOOKclassic
It happens occasionally to me too (only on the 1.5 softroot), I fix it by just restarting the nook.

Hope that helps!

firefox
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:35 AM   #3
mwdowns
mwdowns began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Restarting didn't work. The option pops up again. I'm guessing I should just do a full reinstall of the B&N software and hope nookdevs are working on a new version of the softroot.
mwdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:21 AM   #4
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: rooted Nooks, retired. JetBook Lite, Kindle 3, 4, Kobo Nia, Libra H2O.
Nookdev has a new version, but they won't put it on their website. Look here to see what is going on, and make sure you read the entire series of post.
chas0039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:54 PM   #5
sjkevin
Connoisseur
sjkevin is on a distinguished road

Device: nook
nookdevs' new version isn't as polished as the previous ones, which might be why they haven't posted it yet. Although, they've done the hard part already. I'm not sure what's going on.

mwdowns, do you have the SDK installed? If you can use adb, you can set the default launcher to mynook.ru by running:
adb shell /etc/fix_default_launcher.sh
sjkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:17 PM   #6
spec
Zealot
spec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwdowns View Post
Well, I ran the update, but the softroot is still there. Yay, right? Wrong. Now every time that I leave one of the menu options (like Settings or My Library or whatever) I am always asked which software environment I want to run in: home (1.5 official software) or Launcher (nookdevs softroot). There's a popup on the eink screen offering "complete this action using" with a checkbox saying "use by default this action", but I am unable to check the checkbox.

Any ideas how I can get that checkbox checked? Or what I need to do to get rid of the softroot?

Thank you.
First question is which version of softroot did you install? I believe that was the issue with 2.5.0 and might have been fixed in 2.5.1

If you installed 2.5.0 try installing 2.5.1, I thought i saw it fix it. If not you can try adb install this Home.apk http://code.google.com/p/nook-rus/downloads/list

my personal favorite solution is to install nooklauncher, somehow i like it much better than mynook.ru launcher. it comes with icon to permanently set the default launcher.
spec is offline   Reply With Quote