Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-29-2010, 01:57 AM   #1
J-Mak
J-Mak began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
New to Nook: Quick Question on Installing Apps.

Real quick question: Can anybody tell me how to install apps from the SDK on a Mac?

Thanks.
J-Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:50 AM   #2
ssasan
ssasan began at the beginning.

Device: Barnes & Nobel Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mak View Post
Real quick question: Can anybody tell me how to install apps from the SDK on a Mac?

Thanks.
Same question
ssasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:17 AM   #3
spec
Zealot
spec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook
Quote:

Thanks.
officially you can't. Unoficially here's a place to start
spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:23 AM   #4
J-Mak

Quote:
Originally Posted by spec View Post
officially you can't. Unoficially here's a place to start
Hey, thanks for the reply!
I've already rooted mine, however I accidentally deleted the custom menu, is there anyway to get it back?

Thanks.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:51 AM   #5
spec
Zealot
spec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Hey, thanks for the reply!
I've already rooted mine, however I accidentally deleted the custom menu, is there anyway to get it back?

Thanks.
Yes. Depends on how you deleted the custom menu, 2 of the options are: redo the softroot or install your menu (mynook.ru launcher, or nooklauncher (my fav)) via adb link
spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:56 PM   #6
J-Mak

Quote:
Originally Posted by spec View Post
Yes. Depends on how you deleted the custom menu, 2 of the options are: redo the softroot or install your menu (mynook.ru launcher, or nooklauncher (my fav)) via adb link
Hey, I just redid the softroot.
And nothing changes.

And it failed to install the menu
Old 12-01-2010, 04:24 AM   #7
sjkevin
Connoisseur
sjkevin is on a distinguished road

What do you mean when you say you "deleted" it. How?

Also, are you absolutely sure? Some things have changed since older softroots. Long-click (press and hold) on one of the icons and see if anything happens. If some little icons appear, you're still using the mynook.ru launcher; click on the "+" to add apps to the menu, and click on the "x" when you're done.

If nothing else works, there's always the nuclear option:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...asics-adb.html
If this works and you can get adb going, installing apps is done from the command-line like this:
./adb install packagename.apk

Good luck!
sjkevin is offline   Reply With Quote