Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-08-2010, 05:24 PM   #1
richard friedman
film maker
richard friedman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G
Conversion

Hi out there, can Calibre convert a PDF document so a Kindle DX can read it and make annotations?
richard friedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:38 PM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I don't know about the annotations, but converting and reading is no problem. The Kindle DX should be supported.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:08 PM   #3
richard friedman
film maker

I know you can't make annotations on a PDF document on the Kindle DX but if a PDF can be converted to the Kindle format and then sent to a Kindle DX, wouldn't it make sense that you can then make annotations? It would become like a Book and you can make annotations to a book?
Old 11-08-2010, 06:21 PM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard friedman View Post
I know you can't make annotations on a PDF document on the Kindle DX but if a PDF can be converted to the Kindle format and then sent to a Kindle DX, wouldn't it make sense that you can then make annotations? It would become like a Book and you can make annotations to a book?
I would imagine that you want to convert to the Mobipocket format, which is, to my knowledge, what the Kindles use. If the Kindle supports annotations for any Mobipocket document, you should be able to make annotations.
I'm sorry, I can't be any more specific, since I don't own a Kindle and have never used one myself.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:31 AM   #5
richard friedman
film maker

that was helpfull.......thanks