Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-13-2018, 07:42 AM   #1
David M
David M began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo mini
Kobo freezes when unplugged

Hello everyone,

I received a kobo mini, but i'm facing a problem. When the device it's plugged in, it works fine, but when it's unplugged it doens't work. The screen freezes and I'm not able to do even a restar.

I've tried to reset it, even a hard one, but it doens't helped. I've downgraded the sfotware, and again doesn't help. I'm not reaching a solution to my problem.. Does anyone have an idea?

Many thanks, DM
David M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 09:21 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
My first thought is a dead battery. I have a Touch that behaves like that. Plugged in it is OK, but the battery doesn't hold a charge at all and when it is disconnected it stops.

When it is disconnected, does anything happen? There should be a power LED that lights up when you turn it on. It is usually near the power switch, but I don't know for the Mini.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2018, 09:50 AM   #3
David M

When it's disconected it just freeze. Yes, there's a LED near the power switch, which light's up when I connect the kobo.

I thought that could be battery too, but the strang thing it's that the kobo show's that the battery it's 100%. Do you think that's normal in a dead battery?

Thanks for your reply!
Old 09-13-2018, 10:06 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David M View Post
When it's disconected it just freeze. Yes, there's a LED near the power switch, which light's up when I connect the kobo.
Does it light up or flash when you try to turn the device on
Quote:
I thought that could be battery too, but the strang thing it's that the kobo show's that the battery it's 100%. Do you think that's normal in a dead battery?
Yes, that is quite common for Li-Ion batteries. Some will appear to charge, but not hold the charge. Others will not take any sort of charge. I don't know if this is the batteries themselves, or something to do with the charging and protection circuits.
Old 09-13-2018, 10:31 AM   #5
David M

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Does it light up or flash when you try to turn the device on.
It flashes a green and blue light.

So this it's not a hardware issue, and the only thing I can do It's contact a techinal to check the battery... Am I right?
Advert
Old 09-13-2018, 07:34 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David M View Post
It flashes a green and blue light.

So this it's not a hardware issue, and the only thing I can do It's contact a techinal to check the battery... Am I right?
I think so. If the device works on power, and the power LED flashes when the device isn't connected to power, then it suggests the battery is connected, but holding so little charge, it cannot do anything to start or keep the device running. People have replaced the batteries in various Kobo ereaders. Finding the correct battery can be a problem, and whether it is worth the cost is up to you.

Tags
kobo mini freezes