Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-11-2016, 10:35 PM   #1
phardy
phardy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Nook Glowlight Plus, Kobo Forma
GLP Library display of sideloaded books

Happy New Year, all. I downloaded some titles from my B&N library to my new Glowlight Plus. I also sideloaded a few non-B&N titles purchased elsewhere. The "Library" screen displays the title for B&N books, under each cover thumbnail, but only shows the cover thumbnail for sideloaded books -- no titles.

I took the hint apastuszak offered and created a Books folder within the NOOK folder, then copied one of the sideloaded books into this folder. In the GLP's "Library" screen, the cover thumbnail for the book appeared and below it, instead of the book's title, was "null Weston", where "Weston" was the last name of the author. So the GLP recognizes it's a book, and tries to fetch the title string but the string isn't where the GLP expects it to be.

Don't know much about ePub syntax, but I used the Calibre editor to verify there was an .opf file in that sideloaded ePub, and that it had a <dc:title>. While I figured out pretty quick how to use Calibre to tag cover images in sideloaded ePubs to make them show up in the GLP's library, this title thing is not obvious. Suggestions?
phardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 10:42 PM   #2
phardy
phardy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Nook Glowlight Plus, Kobo Forma
I am pleased to report that with the Version 45.1.24_user update this problem appears to have been solved.

Immediately after the update there seemed to be a problem with access to the NOOK/Books folder, but restarting the Glowlight Plus cleared that problem. I successfully configured Calibre, for this specific device, to scan the NOOK/Books and to place the ePubs in NOOK/Books when moving books to the device. Titles and author names show up correctly, with one minor glitch: names like "Plato" are rendered "null Plato" in the Author name display.
phardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
glowlight plus, sideloading