Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-28-2018, 06:21 AM   #1
Kybook-Reader
Kybook-Reader began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
KyBook 3 Ebook Reader (Public Beta)

Hi all.
I am creator of KyBook Reader (1/2) application.

I am looking for testers for third edition of KyBook.
KyBook 3 now is currently in Public Beta.
If you would like to join the test group, please visit a site kybook-reader.com/beta to sign up.

You can freely ask me anything about past and future of KyBook .
Thank you.

P.S. I hope this message did not violate any forum rules. If so then I am sorry.
Kybook-Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 12:28 PM   #2
nimapourkarimi
Connoisseur
nimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavens

Device: iPad mini 3, Kindle PW2
I'm testing Kybook 3 for about three months now and my only problems are the same problems that I had with Kybook 2 and the original Kybook 1: inability to show embedded fonts , drop caps and text wrapping around pictures don't work properly in epub and azw3 books. If these problems in epub rendering engine could be resolved, Kybook would become the ultimate ebook reader for iOS.
nimapourkarimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 03:27 PM   #3
WeirdoComic
WeirdoComic began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, iPad Air
In Kybook 3 book covers are shown to the right of the titles when I browse my Calibre library. In Kybook 2 they are on the left, which I prefer.
Is there a setting in Kybook 3 to show the covers on the left?

I also miss the option to swipe right to quickly bring up the menu.
Has this been removed completely in Kybook 3 or am I overlooking something? That menu makes it much easier to navigate the app.

Last edited by WeirdoComic; 09-16-2018 at 03:30 PM.
WeirdoComic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 11:23 AM   #4
MobileTraveller
Casual Pro Reader
MobileTraveller began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone, iPad
I still prefer KyBook 2. The colour scheme and options are more pleasing to the eye and the icons and layout suit my taste/needs also. I use it mainly for reading PDFs and am quite happy and satisfied with its performance and functionality.
MobileTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 09:50 AM   #5
Pleiadian Agenda
Pleiadian Agenda began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 7plus
First off, my hats off to you for making the BEST ebook reader on the market. I’ve tried a ton of them, and yours is now my fav, even beating Marvin 3 which I swore by.

The first thing you need is one touch updating from Kybook 2 to 3. And it would import EVERYTHING from Kybook 2, including all custom themes as well as all book metadata and annotations and notes.

Seamless integration with Goodreads. If I open a book in Kybook, it lets Goodreads know I started a new book. When I close that book, it updates my percentage. When I finish a book, it tells Goodreads. KYBOOK should also allow you to rate and review the book right from the app, and sync that review to Goodreads.

The ability to remove books from your phone to save space, but still have access to all notes, annotations, quotes, definitions etc from the book in a local database.

My current system is a clusterfuck that while still pretty organized needs less steps. My Mac runs Calibre which I love. It’s amazing for hunting down covers, metadata, I’m sure you all know. I want that kind of power but with the ease and simplicity of something like Apple Books.

I store and “clean up” all my books in Calibre. Then I use Calibre2opds to create a catalogue that gets sent to google drive, and from there they get sent to updog to be put into opds form. Then that updog link gets added as an opds in my Kybook. All my books (2500) are there, ready for me to grab one at any time.

I want simplicity. How about a Kybook for Mac (and PC) that works on the Apple Books principle? Perfect syncing across devices, all books stored in the cloud and at your fingertips when you want to download them. Metadata galore in the sense of reviews from amazon, goodreads, etc.

Another GREAT feature would be the look ahead feature the Kindle app has. It’s gorgeous and useful.

I’m sure I could think of more. But hands down you are the best out there.But you really need Goodreads integration, and now that Siri shortcuts is out, you could probably modify your sharing options as well.

Thank you so much for leading the pack with Kybook. You are a true innovator.

����������
Pleiadian Agenda is offline   Reply With Quote