Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 08-26-2018, 08:08 AM   #1
jlhuang
jlhuang began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 7
"Use author sort for author" not working

So I'm having some trouble getting EPUB files to convert properly to MOBI - specifically, when I sideload the converted MOBI files to my Kindle (7th gen) and try to sort by author, they get sorted by the author's first name instead of their last. The "Use author sort for author" option doesn't seem to be working, which is weird because it's always worked for me before, and I don't remember changing any settings that would interfere with that. (I heard that changing both the author and author sort fields are lastname, firstname solves the problem, but I have a lot of a books and I really don't want to have to do that.) If anyone has any suggestions, I'd really appreciate it!
jlhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 11:22 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
are you sure that the Metadata (sort) is correct in the Calibre DB?
Quality check plugin. Run the various Metadata sort checks
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote