Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-15-2010, 08:55 AM   #31
davidhburton
Addict
davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: none
FYI, I didn't hop out of my dark place. I slithered.
davidhburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:06 AM   #32
davidhburton
Addict
davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!

You know, after Read An E-Book Week, I moved from obscurity at Smashwords to within the Top 20 current bestsellers and in the Top 5 fantasy bestsellers. But now that the week is over, sales have completely halted. (Of course, it was FREE last week!)

Anyone want to help project me into the Top 10....got a spare $1.99?

At Amazon, I'm still in the Top 4000 ... got a LOT of work to do there! .... also $1.99

...Dr. Drib, how was that on the shameless scale?

Last edited by davidhburton; 03-15-2010 at 09:09 AM.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:50 AM   #33
davidhburton
Addict

Or maybe I should drop the price to $0.99 ????
Old 03-15-2010, 10:27 AM   #34
HorridRedDog
Addict
HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-600 EB-1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhburton View Post
FYI, I didn't hop out of my dark place. I slithered.
I saw you, sir! You did indeed slither up to the dark place! And then you did HOP out!
HorridRedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:33 AM   #35
davidhburton
Addict

It was a small hop.

....says I with my forked tongue.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:52 AM   #36
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Buy My Husband's Book - The Days of Babylon: An Autobiography By A Former Stoner

Da-Da-Du-Da! (Fanfare)

My brilliant husband's, Tim's, first book is currently #10 in the queue to be added to Smashwords. It is the story of his life, including idyllic childhood, drug addiction, mental illness, being burned in a gasoline fire, recovery from both burns and drugs, and finally he meets and marries the greatest woman alive.

Get "The Days of Babylon: An Autobiography By A Former Stoner" at Smashwords, when it eventually gets posted. Has been in the queue for about 19 hours so far, from #89 in line up to #10 this morning.

Reviews:
Fabu! Boffo! I couldn't put it down! Two thumbs up!
Bambi (bambiblings.blogspot.com)

If you buy no other book this season, make sure this is the one!
DixieGal (bambiblings.blogspot.com)

The book is great, and the wife's jewelry ain't half bad either.
Anonymous (bambiblings.blogspot.com)

Last edited by DixieGal; 03-15-2010 at 10:54 AM.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:15 AM   #37
davidhburton
Addict

I'm now in the Top 3000 at Amazon....woo hoo!!
Old 03-15-2010, 11:21 AM   #38
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm now in the Top 3000 at Amazon....woo hoo!!
I just gave you enough karma to put you at 666.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:26 AM   #39
davidhburton
Addict

No one should ever give me Karma again....I want to stay at that number.

It's quite fitting, don't you think?
Old 03-15-2010, 11:41 AM   #40
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Can I promote my blog!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I'm gonna...

I read ebooks, and post my e-pinions. No, there were not enough blogs about that before!

You can suggest books you want me to read. If you don't like me, go ahead and suggest a bad one! I'll spend time carefully reading and critiquing it anyway!

If you care about what an uppity undergrad English student thinks about anything, this blog will be RIGHT UP YOUR ALLEY!

Watch the blog in case YOUR book appears there! No one is safe! (except those who ask.)

Click the signature link.

Last edited by banjobama; 03-15-2010 at 11:46 AM.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:45 AM   #41
davidhburton
Addict

Hey! Cool blog! Feel free to review mine!!
Old 03-15-2010, 11:48 AM   #42
HorridRedDog
Addict
HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-600 EB-1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Da-Da-Du-Da! (Fanfare)

My brilliant husband's, Tim's, first book is currently #10 in the queue to be added to Smashwords. It is the story of his life, including idyllic childhood, drug addiction, mental illness, being burned in a gasoline fire, recovery from both burns and drugs, and finally he meets and marries the greatest woman alive. ....

(bambiblings.blogspot.com)
Were you perhaps his editor?
HorridRedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:50 AM   #43
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Quote:
Hey! Cool blog! Feel free to review mine!!
Will do! I downloaded it a while ago, I know. I have one almost done then I'll do The Second Coming by David H. Burton!!!!
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:51 AM   #44
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorridRedDog View Post
Were you perhaps his editor?
Oh, of course! The man can't construct a proper sentence or paragraph to save his life, but he comes from a long long line of storytellers. Between the two of us, we can entertain a crowd with our stories, although most of mine are enhanced. (I'd rather tell a good story than a true story!)
Old 03-15-2010, 11:54 AM   #45
davidhburton
Addict

Cool, banjobama!! Looking forward to it!

Tags
2.99, a dead man's debt, aaron & keja, amazon, anthology, bloated goat, captain nothing, cj west, crime fiction, crowdfunding, ebook, ebooks, fantasy, finding books, free ebook, free ebook downloads, funny, giveaway, god, grace elliot, health, heir to the everlasting, hop, independent, indie, indie bestsellers, just doll, kdp, kickstarter, middle grade, nook, ratticus, sci-fi novel, science fiction, scifi, selfhelp, short story, soul, spirituality, staten bay trilogy, suspense, sweepstakes, uke, ukulele, website, witch book, writing, zombified buffalo