Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 02-25-2009, 08:32 AM   #1
the7gerbers
Connoisseur
the7gerbers doesn't litterthe7gerbers doesn't litterthe7gerbers doesn't litter

Device: Kindles (Fire HD, Fire, Paperwhite) iPhone
Baldwin, James: Fifty Famous Stories Retold. v. 1. 25 February 2009

Gutenberg #18442, Fifty Famous Stories Retold. Hope I did the subject line format correctly, please feel free to straighten me out if I need to change it. New at this!
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Fifty Famous Stories Retold - James Baldwin.lrf (1.68 MB, 448 views)

Last edited by the7gerbers; 02-26-2009 at 12:34 PM.
the7gerbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:30 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Hi, the7gerbers ---

Ooppps!!!

You forgot to upload the LRF file.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2009, 12:35 PM   #3
the7gerbers
Connoisseur

Fixed it, thanks!
Old 02-26-2009, 05:28 PM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
the7gerbers:

First, let me thank you for your upload. The first one can always be daunting, but it gets easier the more one does.

I would like to make some helpful suggestions, ones that you may wish to incorporate into your future uploads:

1) The book is beautifully illustrated with full-page illustrations. We usually put that [illus.] in the subject line. Check out some of the Charles Dickens titles [subject titles] here so you can see how that's done.

2) There is no direct correlation between the pages you supply when one goes to that title. For example, "Grace Darling" is NOT on page 62, but rather screen 82 (when on "Small"). The majority of us don't fool with page numbers, as these numbers change. The reason it didn't work out is that you've taken an HTML file with those (presumably) screen pages (or actual pages from the book), and they don't correspond to the screen pages of the Reader.

3) We like to "clean up" those HTML files when they need it. For example, the book would look much better with those page numbers removed -- I'm talking now about the page numbers WITHIN the text itself that were not removed.

4) It's one's call whether to single-space or double-space between paragraphs. I personally prefer single-spaced paragraphs, but that's simply MY preference.

These are just suggestions to give you some ideas for all the REST of the books you might wish to assemble and make available to MobileRead readers.

Again, thank you very much for this first effort.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:30 PM   #5
the7gerbers
Connoisseur

Wow, thank you for all those very helpful, specific suggestions, Don! I confess that I did little more than just convert it, but I will go back and have a go at your points, line by line. This kind of guidance is just so helpful as I learn what I am doing. Thanks!!

~Andrea

PS. LOVE that sig. line quote!
Advert
Old 02-26-2009, 08:07 PM   #6
julia103
Connoisseur
julia103 doesn't litterjulia103 doesn't litterjulia103 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
I'd also suggest adding a little information about the book in your post, perhaps that it was originally published in 1896 or that it was written to share historic legends to children.

When I saw author James Baldwin I automatically thought of the African-American author (although I should have realized that his work is too recent to be out of copyright), so I read "retold" as meaning "reinterpreted". I don't regret downloading this, but it wasn't what I expected .
julia103 is offline   Reply With Quote