Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-25-2009, 03:41 PM   #1
Marcika
Marcika began at the beginning.

Device: Tablet PC (Vista)
Question Parse book titles to fill in series in Calibre library

I just updated my Calibre install to 0.6.24 and played around with the improved metadata download and social metadata - I really like it! One problem I have is that the auto-downloader doesn't recognize a lot of my books. I think this is because back when I imported my library into Calibre, I left the book series as part of the book title in the database.

So I am trying to clean up my Calibre library and change this sort of database entry
Title: "Series of Stuff 015 - Stuff's Bride"; Series: ""
into this:
Title: "Stuff's Bride"; Series: "Series of Stuff [15]"
Is there an elegant way to do this for several hundred books (a way to manipulate the library with regular expressions, maybe?) or would I have to do this by hand?
Marcika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 05:35 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Not after you've imported the books. You can use regular expressions to process filenames during the process, but not once the books are in the library.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
library, regular expressions, series, title