Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-05-2011, 05:07 PM   #1
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author
sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Adobe Digital Editions
Assault on the Gods by Stephen Goldin--classic space adventure

Assault on the Gods, originally published in hardcover from Doubleday in 1977, is now back in print with all the action intact.

Ardeva (Dev) Korrell is a starship captain overseeing a trading mission to a primitive alien planet where the native culture is being suffocated by strict rules from its "gods." But when those gods kill one of her crewmen with a lightning bolt, Dev finds herself reluctantly drawn into a war with these superior creatures, Now, to survive, she and her crew must stage an assault on the home of the gods and storm the gates of heaven itself,

This is classic space opera adventure with a likable female protagonist. For more details, check out my online bookstore, Parsina Press.
sgoldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:01 AM   #2
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
I purchased this book some time ago from Fictionwise (pretty sure it was Fictionwise), but in any event, I read it and can say it is an excellent, well-written story.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 01:45 PM   #3
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author
sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Assault on the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
I purchased this book some time ago from Fictionwise (pretty sure it was Fictionwise), but in any event, I read it and can say it is an excellent, well-written story.
Thanks for the kind words, Richard., Yes, Assault was published on Fictionwise by another publisher previously, but that publisher went out of business and the rights reverted back to me, so I'm trying it again. And, during the Smashwords Read An Ebook Week promotion (March 6-12), it's even half-off if you enter the coupon code RAE50 at checkout. I hope other people who don't already have their copies will give it a try.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-04-2013 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Link deleted
Old 03-07-2011, 12:38 AM   #4
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Sounds another purchase to be made!

Thanks Stephen, good to see more of your books made available
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:07 AM   #5
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author

Assault on the Gods

Well, thank you kindly. I certainly hope you'll enjoy it!
Old 12-24-2012, 01:31 PM   #6
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author

New cover for Assault on the Gods

Assault on the Gods has a new cover, but the action remains as exciting as ever.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Assault-Kindle.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	377.0 KB
ID:	98159  
Old 01-03-2013, 11:47 PM   #7
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author

Good ol' fashioned space opera with a strong female protagonist.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:00 AM   #8
Darqref
space cadet
Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket PRO, gen3, Pocketbook360
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoldin View Post
Good ol' fashioned space opera with a strong female protagonist.
Hey Steve

I have to send you to the Business Rusch at kriswrites.com, for her latest post (as of Thursday).

The bottom line: WRITE SOMETHING NEW!!!!

I haven't seen anything actually new from you. I've got lots of old paperbacks. A very few I've also got ebooks, but I don't want to buy new ebooks of old paperbacks I want to buy and read NEW STEPHEN GOLDIN books.

Write something new. publish it. Repeat.

It doesn't always have to be good. It has to be finished.
Darqref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #9
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqref View Post
Hey Steve

I have to send you to the Business Rusch at kriswrites.com, for her latest post (as of Thursday).

The bottom line: WRITE SOMETHING NEW!!!!

I haven't seen anything actually new from you. I've got lots of old paperbacks. A very few I've also got ebooks, but I don't want to buy new ebooks of old paperbacks I want to buy and read NEW STEPHEN GOLDIN books.

Write something new. publish it. Repeat.

It doesn't always have to be good. It has to be finished.
Hi Roger,

Thanks for writing. It's always great to hear from devoted readers. I absolutely agree with Kris--that's the best possible advice...although practical considerations don't always make it as feasible as it ideally should be. The rough draft of a new Jade Darcy book, a prequel to Affair of Honor, has been completed, but Mary's health problems mean it'll be some while before a final version is ready for publication. I've started several projects and set them aside because they weren't going as well as I liked.I'm about to start work on Spacer's Holiday, a sequel to Assault on the Gods; if things go well, it could be out by the end of the year. (I'm no longer as young and energetic as I used to be.) Meanwhile...

Have you tried Polly! yet? It's fantasy rather than sf, but Spider liked it and I've got a bunch of other 5-star reviews for it.

Anyway, not everyone is as enlightened as you are when it comes to my previous works, so I'm trying to educate them as best I can. I promise to keep plodding on, chipping away at the big block of entropy in front of me. With a bit of luck, I'll produce something new to entertain and delight you.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:27 AM   #10
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author

Assault on the Gods has a new lower ebook price of $4.99. A few of the retailers may take a little while to catch up, but the new price is effective almost everywhere.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:45 PM   #11
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author

President's Day Sale

I've just been through the book, cleaning up some minor annoying typos and typesetting errors. To celebrate the clean edition, I'm offering a special President's Day Sale. From now through February 18, you can get Assault on the Gods at 50% off, or $2.50, in all ebook formats. Simply go to its Smashwords page and enter coupon code LW58X when you purchase it.

This is a great opportunity to pick up an exciting sf space adventure with a strong, resourceful heroine. Pleasant reading!
Old 02-16-2013, 01:08 PM   #12
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
OK, that's such a good deal I'm going to buy it, even though neither my TBR pile nor my 2013 challenge thanks me for it!

Apart from being a good deal, I find that I did like Jade Darcy and the Affair of Honor a lot (I gave it 9/10 in my 2012 list, which puts in in the top 20% of books I read in 2012.)

(P.S. I don't mean to be unkind, but I think you need to know that your covers really need improvement. The Jade Darcy cover is OK, but the others are all awful.)

(P.P.S. I find I gave your book The Eternity Brigade a 9/10 back in 2010, too. That put in in the top 10% of my 2010 books.)

Last edited by pdurrant; 02-16-2013 at 01:19 PM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:47 PM   #13
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
OK, that's such a good deal I'm going to buy it, even though neither my TBR pile nor my 2013 challenge thanks me for it!

Apart from being a good deal, I find that I did like Jade Darcy and the Affair of Honor a lot (I gave it 9/10 in my 2012 list, which puts in in the top 20% of books I read in 2012.)

(P.S. I don't mean to be unkind, but I think you need to know that your covers really need improvement. The Jade Darcy cover is OK, but the others are all awful.)

(P.P.S. I find I gave your book The Eternity Brigade a 9/10 back in 2010, too. That put in in the top 10% of my 2010 books.)
Thanks for your confidence in buying Assault, despite the high TBR pile. (I know that situation entirely too well!)

Thanks also for the high numbers for Affair of Honor and Eternity Brigade. I'm not sure if Assault will rank quite as high, but I think it will give you an enjoyable time. (I presume you're aware there's a second Jade Darcy book as well.)

Yes, covers are a definite problem. I'm unfortunately working with zero budget, so I have to take what I can get. When/if I get some working capital, that's one area I definitely intend to upgrade.

Thanks again for your interest, and pleasant reading!
Old 02-18-2013, 09:29 PM   #14
twobits
Addict
twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
That does look like a good buy. I am not sure I want another account at some place called smashwords, but I guess I can deal with that to get a book at a price that is probably not too far off from what the paperback would have been when it was published.
twobits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:33 AM   #15
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author

I agree, "Smashwords" is not a name I would have chosen if I were starting a publishing/distributing company--but it is an excellent company for indie publishers. They're honest and deal fairly with writers--better than some long-established "reputable" companies.

Anyway, I hope you end up enjoying the book. Pleasant reading!

Tags
aliens, female protagonist, science fiction, space adventure, space opera