Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-04-2010, 07:29 AM   #1
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
Kindle - EBay and 'Unregistered' Paypal Seller

I won a Kindle 2 Intl on EBay several days ago and paid by Paypal straight away, but the transaction is still showing as an hour glass in my EBay won iterms and in my Paypal account as 'unclaimed' with the sellers details showing as 'unregistered'.

Has anyone come across this before?

The seller has not responded to my messages, though were very quick when I was asking things during the auction.

Hopefully it is something simple like the wrong email address or something, but I'd hoped to get the Kindle in time for going on holiday soon so am keeping my fingers crossed it gets resolved. I am back from leave at the end of June so hopefully that is not too late to reclaim my money if nothing happens.
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:26 AM   #2
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
I think you'd better take action on this right away with eBay and Paypal. Sounds fishy.
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2010, 11:42 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If the seller shows as unregistered, I'd stay far away.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:51 AM   #4
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

The status in EBay is now showing as payment claimed, though not parcel sent (though not all sellers update that anyway).

The seller has contacted me and said he has sent it out today by Royal Mail Special Delivery, so we shall see. If it doesn't arrive within a certain time (I have asked for a tracking number, but not yet received), I'll go through the usual channels of filing an item not received report through EBay/Paypal.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:52 AM   #5
suecsi
Rock Chick

Oh and the only time you find out they are unregistered on Paypal is after you've paid them and then check out what the hour glass means, so click through to your Paypal account.
Advert
Old 06-08-2010, 10:23 AM   #6
suecsi
Rock Chick

I still haven't received a tracking number, despite several attempts to contact the seller.

I will have to leave for a few more days to allow the minimum time under EBay claims for a parcel to get here, then it will be on to make a claim if necessary

I have to say it is annoying to only find out a seller is 'unregistered' with Paypal once you have already made the payment.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:49 PM   #7
mcgriff
mcgriff began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Deux
Hope it gets resolved to your liking. I'm so cautious on Ebay I usually pay a little more for an item if I can find it from an established seller (like thousands of 5 stars). Someone like "bigdaddy2567" with 13 transactions will never get my money on Ebay. Again, hope it comes out in your favor!
mcgriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:32 PM   #8
suecsi
Rock Chick

It was there when I got home!

None of the guy's messages with the tracking number came through from Ebay until about an hour ago.

It is currently showing the Critical Battery message and is plugged in with an amber light on. I am a bit worried having seen some of the other threads about this, but hopefully I should have a green light in the morning.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:36 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by suecsi View Post

None of the guy's messages with the tracking number came through from Ebay until about an hour ago.

It is currently showing the Critical Battery message and is plugged in with an amber light on. I am a bit worried having seen some of the other threads about this, but hopefully I should have a green light in the morning.
Is it working?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:00 PM   #10
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
And does it have 2.5.2?
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 01:54 PM   #11
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Quote:

Sounds like you won half the battle.
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:51 PM   #12
suecsi
Rock Chick

Yes its working!

I don't think I have the new update though - how do I tell? I have the Whispernet on as I sent a couple of samples to myself from the Amazon website at work earlier

I'm in the process of converting some books from EPUB to MOBI at the moment.

I have found for PDF books, saving it to HTML and then importing to Calibre and converting to MOBI works pretty well.

to everyone here for all their help.

One thing I do wish for though, is the screensavers. I'm not sure I want to do a hack so early on and risk bricking my new toy just to get a shot of my hubby .....
Old 06-09-2010, 08:10 PM   #13
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
One thing I do wish for though, is the screensavers. I'm not sure I want to do a hack so early on and risk bricking my new toy just to get a shot of my hubby .....
Oh, but that is worth it! I think that is what I will do next.

You tell whether you have 2.5.2 by going to your home page, hitting menu, selecting settings, and then look on the bottom of the page. It will say 2.3something or 2.5 something.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:02 AM   #14
suecsi
Rock Chick

Sydney's Mom

Is it quite easy to do and to 'unbrick' if necessary?

I have applied PRS+ to my 505 and that was quite easy.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:47 AM   #15
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

I haven't put any hacks on my K2 yet, but the geniuses here talk about dfferent hacks for fonts, screensavers. They have never steered me wrong.