Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-02-2017, 02:35 PM   #1
Kubu
Junior Member
Kubu began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 3
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Sicily - Italy
Device: Tolino Vision 4HD
Calibre 3.11.1 and collections on Tolino Vision 4HD

Hi,
I have a Tolino device I share within my family so I would like to create a collection per each family member.
So in my library in Calibre I'm using only 3 tags, one per each name.
In Preferences>Sending books to devices I've set up this string: {tags}/{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}
but I couldn't get the right solution as on Tolino I always get collections based on the author even if the tree structure seems to be correct (I see the right folders familyname\author\title-author) when connecting the USB cable.
Am I missing anything?

Can anyone please help?
Thank you
Kubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 07:27 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
theducks's Avatar
 
Posts: 22,012
Karma: 22086756
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: (The original) Silicon Valley, USA
Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubu View Post
Hi,
I have a Tolino device I share within my family so I would like to create a collection per each family member.
So in my library in Calibre I'm using only 3 tags, one per each name.
In Preferences>Sending books to devices I've set up this string: {tags}/{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}
but I couldn't get the right solution as on Tolino I always get collections based on the author even if the tree structure seems to be correct (I see the right folders familyname\author\title-author) when connecting the USB cable.
Am I missing anything?

Can anyone please help?
Thank you
Does the Tolino use File names for its lbooklist?

Maybe you wan to use a Plugboard instead, which modifies internal metadata
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2017, 07:43 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 15,110
Karma: 24708566
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD, Aura ONE, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubu View Post
Hi,
I have a Tolino device I share within my family so I would like to create a collection per each family member.
So in my library in Calibre I'm using only 3 tags, one per each name.
In Preferences>Sending books to devices I've set up this string: {tags}/{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}
but I couldn't get the right solution as on Tolino I always get collections based on the author even if the tree structure seems to be correct (I see the right folders familyname\author\title-author) when connecting the USB cable.
Am I missing anything?
I was sort of looking at this the other day, and I got the impression that you needed to start the template with "Shelf". But, with what you are seeing, maybe it is using the second level of the path to create collections.

I think the thread I was looking at was https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=280106.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 06:27 PM   #4
Kubu
Junior Member
Kubu began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 3
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Sicily - Italy
Device: Tolino Vision 4HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I was sort of looking at this the other day, and I got the impression that you needed to start the template with "Shelf". But, with what you are seeing, maybe it is using the second level of the path to create collections.

I think the thread I was looking at was https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=280106.
Actually I started from this post and I put "Shelf" as first level but had the same issue.
I'll give a try with Plugboard if I'll be able to understand how to use it...

Thanks
Kubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 04:26 PM   #5
Kubu
Junior Member
Kubu began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 3
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Sicily - Italy
Device: Tolino Vision 4HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubu View Post
Actually I started from this post and I put "Shelf" as first level but had the same issue.
I'll give a try with Plugboard if I'll be able to understand how to use it...

Thanks
I've found the solution thanks to user church mouse.
Basically Tolino does not accept more than two levels in the template so, under folder "Shelf" (=collections) I can only setup {tags}/{author_sort}{title}.
Kubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tolino Vision 4 HD mathil Tolino 52 08-30-2018 04:49 PM
Calibre doesn't copy umlauts for collection on Tolino Vision 4HD Wimi_Bussard Devices 7 05-06-2017 07:38 PM
Delete issue - Calibre and Tolino Vision 3 church mouse Devices 1 09-09-2016 05:41 PM
Tolino Vision 3 HD - Collections Irian Devices 3 11-22-2015 11:49 AM
Tolino Vision hamlok Andere Lesegeräte 14 10-03-2014 05:48 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:24 AM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.