Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 04-21-2017, 10:21 AM   #1
shak3800
Connoisseur
shak3800 began at the beginning.

Device: Icarus E653
Boyue (Icarus E653) with Pearl or Carta screen?

Hi everyone!

I recently bought an Icarus E653 (rebrandend Boyue) from Amazon Warehouse deals and outside the package it stated that it has a Carta screen.

I also asked support if it has a Carta screen and they confirmed it , the serial number stated that it was built after 2015 April. The box also stated that Google Play Store was included , but it wasn't so i installed the latest firmware which installed the Play Store.

My question is that i have doubts i have a Carta Screen. To my understanding Carta screens have a yellow-ish color and better contrast. In my case the screen is white even in low front-light , and fonts appear not with same weight as with Kobo Aura (2013 model). Also when changing pages , fonts will become washed out ,ghosting appears , and fonts become clearer only after a refresh (every 5 pages by default). With Kobo Aura it refreshes every chapter and fonts remain crisp and clear with less ghosting .

Is it possible i got a Pearl Screen instead? How can i know ? I haven't found any videos with Icarus 2015 model or Boyue with Carta (t61 with Carta) to confirm if this is just how it is produced or not?

Does anyone have an information ?

Thanks a lot !
shak3800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:08 AM   #2
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by shak3800 View Post
In my case the screen is white even in low front-light , and fonts appear not with same weight as with Kobo Aura (2013 model). Also when changing pages , fonts will become washed out ,ghosting appears , and fonts become clearer only after a refresh (every 5 pages by default). With Kobo Aura it refreshes every chapter and fonts remain crisp and clear with less ghosting .
FWIW I have a Boyue with a pearl screen and I experience no ghosting, no washed out fonts, ever. The fonts are dark. Weight should have nothing to do with the screen.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert