Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 04-08-2017, 06:15 PM   #1
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Downpour app dead in the water

I have a soft spot for Downpour; at least I did. But the Android app updated yesterday and neither the old nor the updated app seems to work. I've fiddled with three devices and it's dead in the water. It won't download audiobooks and it won't play the ones on my device.

What is more ominous still is that while the iOS app works, at least 20 books (I've identified twenty; there might be more) have disappeared from my library.

According to Google Play Store, yesterday's update was for bug fixes in anticipation of a web platform revamp. I assume they'll get the app up and running again, but I'm concerned about the books no longer in my library, as Downpour no longer has the rights to sell them.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 06:39 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
My android device isn't charged right now, so I can't check it, but I assume that since you had the problem on multiple devices that my results would be similar. It does work fine on my iOS devices.

FWIW, I checked my library and as far as I can tell it's intact, but my library there is very small (25 books).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2017, 01:35 AM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I can't download books either. What's really strange is that I have 27 books, but my library on the Android app differs from my library on the website.

On the app, 5 books are missing, but they appear on the website.

On the website, 4 books are missing, but they appear on the app.

What's even more interesting is that the 5 books missing from the app are the same 5 books I downloaded from the Honda Road Readers program.

I'll wait for the app to get up to speed before I delve into this discrepancy any further.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 06:53 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Has anyone tried deleting the app and then installing? The latest Hoopla app (iOS) needed to have the previous one deleted and then the new one installed for streaming to work.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 08:24 AM   #5
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Has anyone tried deleting the app and then installing? The latest Hoopla app (iOS) needed to have the previous one deleted and then the new one installed for streaming to work.
I did, on one of my Android devices. It returned to the same state as before deletion.

As I said, I assume they'll fix the broken app, but I'm nervous regarding the paid content that no longer shows in my library.

I always liked Downpour. No DRM, so I can listen to my content on my waterproof MP3 player and I find their sale content much more interesting than Audible's. That's how I stumbled across the issue, in fact; the audiobook I bought a few days ago didn't show up on the app.
Advert
Old 04-09-2017, 09:08 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It's a pain in the ass when a working app gets updated and something is broken and then you have to wait until the next version to fix the problem.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 11:50 AM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The website has been revamped, but the Android app is still messed up.
Old 04-10-2017, 02:19 PM   #8
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
The website has been revamped, but the Android app is still messed up.
The website's in worse shape than it was over the weekend, at least from my perspective. It doesn't take my sign-in, so I can't check my library.
Old 04-10-2017, 02:38 PM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
The website's in worse shape than it was over the weekend, at least from my perspective. It doesn't take my sign-in, so I can't check my library.
It's a mess for sure! I didn't try logging in. I only looked up new links for their weekly deals, since the old ones no longer worked. Their deals page is much worse than it was before.

Anyway, I tried to log in just now and couldn't.
Old 04-11-2017, 05:30 AM   #10
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

I can log into the website now. My website library is still missing the same four books.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:00 AM   #11
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I get "502 Bad Gateway" when trying to access the website now.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:07 AM   #12
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I get "502 Bad Gateway" when trying to access the website now.
Same here. This roll out has been anything but smooth
Old 04-11-2017, 12:14 PM   #13
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

The website is back up and once you uninstall and reinstall the Android app, it works. That's the good news.

The bad news is that I'm missing 22 books from my library. I knew what happened; they've purged from my library everything they no longer sell. "Terminated" is their word for it, as I learned after half an hour on the phone with CS. Nice guy, but it was one of those situations where I knew what had happened, but it took a while before he got up to speed. We ended up going through my purchases one by one, so we had a definitive list (my suggestion, and it was only then that he understood what had happened.) He assured me that I'll get my books back, but that it will be a few days. Let's hope.

I think it was worth the call, especially since obviously this wasn't on the rep's radar. A lot of customers must have this problem and they need to get on it.

Last edited by issybird; 04-11-2017 at 12:16 PM.