Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-08-2017, 05:23 AM   #1501
encol
Evangelist
encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 5.8.5.0.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
It survived on my PW2.
can you confirm also kindlets support?
thanks
encol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 05:35 AM   #1502
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by encol View Post
can you confirm also kindlets support?
thanks
I only tested KUAL, the font hack and KOReader (all work fine).
If you want me to test a specific kindlet, let me know which one.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2017, 06:26 AM   #1503
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
And FONT_RAMP thingy?
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 06:44 AM   #1504
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
And FONT_RAMP thingy?
No idea. IIRC, it stopped working in a previous update, but I'm not 100% sure, because I wasn't paying attention to it.
Old 03-08-2017, 07:25 AM   #1505
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
No idea. IIRC, it stopped working in a previous update, but I'm not 100% sure, because I wasn't paying attention to it.
Font_Ramp definitely still works on my Voyage on 5.8.7.0.1. I haven't updated to 5.8.8 yet.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2017, 07:40 AM   #1506
encol
Evangelist
encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 5.8.5.0.1
Quote:
I only tested KUAL, the font hack and KOReader (all work fine).
If you want me to test a specific kindlet, let me know which one.
Can you test KSpeak? Thanks
encol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 08:07 AM   #1507
tono1020
Connoisseur
tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Cybook (Gen3, Opus), K3, K4NT, PW, PW2, KV
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
And FONT_RAMP thingy?
FONT_RAMP still works on my 5.8.8 Voyage.
tono1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 08:14 AM   #1508
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by encol View Post
Can you test KSpeak? Thanks
AFAIK, KSpeak never worked on the PW2. Maybe someone else can test this for you on his PW3.
Old 03-08-2017, 09:26 PM   #1509
doctoralvarez
Connoisseur
doctoralvarez began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Quote:
AFAIK, KSpeak never worked on the PW2. Maybe someone else can test this for you on his PW3.
Where to download KSpeak kindlet? I can try it on my PW3 and report results

What does it do KSpeak??
doctoralvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 09:46 PM   #1510
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctoralvarez View Post
Where to download KSpeak kindlet? I can try it on my PW3 and report results

What does it do KSpeak??
TTS
Scroll back in the thread to PoP's posting.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 01:17 AM   #1511
checkmermaid
checkmermaid began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Hello there,

I've tried on my 5.8.8 pw2 (B0D4 model) but the downgrade process did not work. I downloaded the factory image, copied it to the root folder, and removed from my PC. However, the option for "update my device" was unavailable. I plugged my PW2 back to my PC, and the image file disappeared. Any ideas about what happened? I appreciate!
checkmermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 03:06 AM   #1512
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmermaid View Post
Hello there,

I've tried on my 5.8.8 pw2 (B0D4 model) but the downgrade process did not work. I downloaded the factory image, copied it to the root folder, and removed from my PC. However, the option for "update my device" was unavailable. I plugged my PW2 back to my PC, and the image file disappeared. Any ideas about what happened? I appreciate!
Maybe you downloaded the wrong factory image (ie for the PW1 or PW3)? As far as I know, that's what should happen in that case
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 03:49 AM   #1513
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
I can confirm Jailbreak survived the update to 5.8.8 on PW3.
Also the Screensaver hack still works after the re-install.
Usbnetwork, Rescue Pack and Coward Rescue Pack did re-install successfully, but I did not try them in action.

No apparent change in functionality so far
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 07:19 AM   #1514
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskie_it View Post
I can confirm Jailbreak survived the update to 5.8.8 on PW3.
Also the Screensaver hack still works after the re-install.
Usbnetwork, Rescue Pack and Coward Rescue Pack did re-install successfully, but I did not try them in action.

No apparent change in functionality so far
Thanks, I was wondering about the Screensaver hack.
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 08:03 AM   #1515
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by radamo View Post
Thanks, I was wondering about the Screensaver hack.
The ONLY thing which is bridged across Amazon updates is the jailbreak and its associated functionality!

Anything packaged in a package with an update_*.bin format filename MUST be re-installed.

Yes, that means the screensaver add-in must be re-installed.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote