Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 10-31-2017, 04:55 PM   #16
Penelope Snopes
Penelope Snopes began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I can't open my wish list. The circle spins and then I get the message: We're having trouble accessing your wishlist. Or else just a blank page. Is anyone else having this problem?
Penelope Snopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 05:40 PM   #17
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
No problems here, on desktop or on Android.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2018, 11:17 PM   #18
DavisI
DavisI began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
wish list redesign

I too hate the new wish list redesign. Audible member from just about the beginning and I can't understand how they could make a simple thing so complicated, how they could remove functionality that I know a lot us us depended on. I complained a lot in 2016 and then it was rolled back. Today however, I see the awful new format is back. Each book takes up 10 ties the space, they have to show you a picture, you can't hover, so everything about it is grossly more inefficient.

I just spent a lot of time with condescending "service" personnel on chat and on the phone and they claim there is no way to go back, this is better, the developers did it, blah, blah, blah. I wish there was some way to get someone to listen, it is so frustrating. Anyone have any ideas?
DavisI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 09:32 AM   #19
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisI View Post
I too hate the new wish list redesign. Audible member from just about the beginning and I can't understand how they could make a simple thing so complicated, how they could remove functionality that I know a lot us us depended on. I complained a lot in 2016 and then it was rolled back. Today however, I see the awful new format is back. Each book takes up 10 ties the space, they have to show you a picture, you can't hover, so everything about it is grossly more inefficient.

I just spent a lot of time with condescending "service" personnel on chat and on the phone and they claim there is no way to go back, this is better, the developers did it, blah, blah, blah. I wish there was some way to get someone to listen, it is so frustrating. Anyone have any ideas?
Oh, for me it's been back to the "improved" design for a couple of months; now it seems the new design is creeping to search page results and the rest of Audible as well. It's annoying and frustrating. I've complained via e-mail several times, gotten only boilerplate or no responses. I hate it, especially losing the hovering. Also, the text is harder to read with the white space--I don''t know if it's an illusion, but the font seems lighter and less readable. Awful.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 04:59 AM   #20
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Oh, for me it's been back to the "improved" design for a couple of months; now it seems the new design is creeping to search page results and the rest of Audible as well. It's annoying and frustrating. I've complained via e-mail several times, gotten only boilerplate or no responses. I hate it, especially losing the hovering. Also, the text is harder to read with the white space--I don''t know if it's an illusion, but the font seems lighter and less readable. Awful.
I've found that very few companies are willing to admit that a design stinks after doing a major re-write. I've also found that in general, complaint emails are rarely read and never by someone who has any say. For the most part, the big thing that causes a re-think is a drop in sales.

I will say that the current wish list design doesn't bother me all that much but I have two major ways I use the wish list. First, to get the next book in a series and second to scan to see if any of the books are on sale. I'm a lot more bothered by aspects of the audible app than I am with the web page. I've had pretty much the same level of non response when I complain about that as you have with the wish list. It is frustrating at times.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2018, 10:48 AM   #21
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
I've found that very few companies are willing to admit that a design stinks after doing a major re-write. I've also found that in general, complaint emails are rarely read and never by someone who has any say. For the most part, the big thing that causes a re-think is a drop in sales.

I will say that the current wish list design doesn't bother me all that much but I have two major ways I use the wish list. First, to get the next book in a series and second to scan to see if any of the books are on sale. I'm a lot more bothered by aspects of the audible app than I am with the web page. I've had pretty much the same level of non response when I complain about that as you have with the wish list. It is frustrating at times.
The lack of hovering is what is most annoying. Before, I could see the summary and I could see if the book had a Whispersync option by hovering; now I have to click through. Why anyone thought it would be a good idea to remove a useful feature is beyond my understanding.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:08 PM   #22
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
The lack of hovering is what is most annoying. Before, I could see the summary and I could see if the book had a Whispersync option by hovering; now I have to click through. Why anyone thought it would be a good idea to remove a useful feature is beyond my understanding.
You assume that the people who did the re-design actually knew the feature existed. Napolean's maxim applies (Never assume malice when incompetence will suffice.) [I'm a programmer and it's not all that uncommon for a third party to do work based purely on the specs. If the specs didn't say anything about hover, then no hover]
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:43 PM   #23
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
You assume that the people who did the re-design actually knew the feature existed. Napolean's maxim applies (Never assume malice when incompetence will suffice.) [I'm a programmer and it's not all that uncommon for a third party to do work based purely on the specs. If the specs didn't say anything about hover, then no hover]
But the hovering feature still exists everywhere else where the pages have been redesigned. Clearly, the evil Audible minions removed it from the wish list deliberately to annoy me.