Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-26-2011, 02:06 PM   #1
yelloguy
Enthusiast
yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: none
News downloading

I am setting up Calibre for my new Sony Reader. And I have set up a few news feeds to be downloaded. One thing that struck me was that there is no way to delete the feeds that are of no use to me. I want to be able to shortlist my favorite feeds and download them manually whenever I am ready, instead of relying on the software to do it automatically at times that may not be suited to me. It is news after all, so it goes stale very fast.

The current workflow would allow me to subscribe some feeds and then I can setup their download frequency to be very high, say a week. Then I can click the folder and hit download now button whenever I want. But being the neat freak I am, it would be nice to be able to delete everything I don't want.

There were some feeds downloaded without any icons. I did a google images search for those and added them in the metadata manually. How do I share them with everyone else?

TIA.
yelloguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 03:17 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by yelloguy View Post
One thing that struck me was that there is no way to delete the feeds that are of no use to me.
No, There isn't.
Quote:
I want to be able to shortlist my favorite feeds and download them manually whenever I am ready, instead of relying on the software to do it automatically at times that may not be suited to me. It is news after all, so it goes stale very fast.
You can turn them into custom recipes, then they;ll all be together under "custom" and you can run them manually, but you won't get tehm updated automatically, if they change.

Quote:
There were some feeds downloaded without any icons. I did a google images search for those and added them in the metadata manually. How do I share them with everyone else?
Add them in the Recipe subforum or via the bug tracker.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert