Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 05-23-2007, 02:44 AM   #1
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
BookSorter v4.0 sort ebooks by folders/Authors/genre etc

A new version of booksorter by vadi has been released

Here are some key features of "BookSorter":

* .NET2 compliant.
* First name first (FNF) and last name first (LNF) for authors.
* Copy, move or simply rename the files.
* Multiple input directories and primary output. Option to copy to secondary directories with specified options.
* Author auto-correction (through a db with more than 5K entries).
* Sub-directories: first letter, author, genres, series.
* Prefixes/suffixes for series, title, version, type… like (v1.0).
* Uppercase, Lowercase, Title Case as well as the first letter uppercase for author, title and series.
* Pre-substitutions: define what to change/remove BEFORE processing. Example, remove "(Ellora)".
* Search inside rar/zip archives in order to determine the book type(s).
* Spaces or underscores. It replaces double spaces with singe as well.
* Visuals: several themes.
* Logs operations into a db.
* Choose fonts for various parts of the GUI

http://iterati.org/ebookTools/BookSorter/Default.aspx
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:41 AM   #2
neetb
neetb began at the beginning.

Device: nook simple touch
Using booksorter

I have Booksorter 4, hoping to categorise a folder full of subfolders of authors, to create folders by genre.
I have set up input folder, output folder in Booksorter, but am baffled by the Genre screen - any entry except blank under search removes all screen entries!
The Vadi instructions are terse and no help at all!
Can anyone help an elderly newbie?

Bob
neetb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 11:30 AM   #3
smoggy
smoggy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.smoggy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.smoggy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.smoggy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.smoggy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.smoggy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.smoggy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.smoggy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.smoggy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.smoggy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.smoggy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kobo
I understand this is an old thread, however this old thread just turned me on to booksorter, and after some head scratching, I got it to work, and thought I'd pass on my findings.

The biggest problem I had - was trying to run it on a 64 bit computer.
It just won't go. The Sqllite dll was for 32 bit.

Moved everything over (portable HD) to my 32 bit machine, doing a trial on a small folder of a format I don't usually use, and I'm amazed.

This takes so much work out of cataloging.

Smoggy
smoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 02:40 PM   #4
CharlieSummers
CharlieSummers began at the beginning.

Device: FBReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoggy View Post
Moved everything over (portable HD) to my 32 bit machine, doing a trial on a small folder of a format I don't usually use, and I'm amazed.
I am...underwhelmed. I'm sorry it's not under active development, because it does show promise, but I cannot coerce it to sort properly (\LastName, FirstName\BookName\book.epub), and his comment that First-Last is "RECOMMENDED!" is just insane...I mean, I always look under the Is for Asimov...

Appreciate the heads-up on the 32-bit limitations, however - used a 32-bit Windows XP virtual machine to run it on the 64-bit hardware, and it ran without crashing, anyway, even if it did refuse to create folders based on author name regardless the settings I chose.

Part of the problem may be the insipid Calibre...I despise that program, more so because it is so ubiquitous no one will write an epub converter that doesn't plaster its own name on everything, and doesn't require passes through Sigil to correct all the errors. Still, I am forced to use it to strip the DRM from books I purchase from Amazon so I may read them where and on what device I choose, solely because the plugins only work in Calibre. Of course, when it exports the converted epubs, it completely mangles the folder names and just generally does things its own d*mned way instead of any semblance of "standard," so I probably shouldn't blame BookSorter.

Normally it isn't a problem; I buy a book, convert, take the export I'm forced to accept from Calibre and run it through the impressive Sigil to fix the file structure (and if I'm in a mood, edit the HTML files to remove all the bloody references to it), run it through the rather awesome EPubMetadataEditor to correct the Metadata errors, and then manually file the book. But yesterday my wife was given access to my account, found the FREE books, and...well...124 books later I am facing down something of a crisis if I consider doing this manually. Still, with nothing functioning to my liking, guess that's how it's got to be.

(Hum...wonder if either EPubMetadataEditor or Sigil will act as a command-line front-end just to read the metadata...if so, I could probably roll-my-own to create the folder structure I prefer, and depend on Windows to merge the folders later...)

Last edited by CharlieSummers; 06-25-2017 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Fix a bunch of errors.
CharlieSummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 07:13 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I'm not sure why you feel you have to use calibre when doing the DRM removal. Why not head back to apprentice Alf and look carefully at the tools you can download.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 07:40 PM   #6
CharlieSummers
CharlieSummers began at the beginning.

Device: FBReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I'm not sure why you feel you have to use calibre when doing the DRM removal. Why not head back to apprentice Alf and look carefully at the tools you can download.
Did that a very long time ago, and the site was recommending DeDRM plugin for calibre as the way to go (wow...a LONG time ago...my first DRM removal was in September of 2011!). I will make a return visit now, thank you for the heads-up.

Edit: Appreciate that, and now have the the latest versions. But I still have the same issue; because Calibre is so ubiquitous, no one else has written an AZW->ePub converter, and other than some on-line systems (I am not uploading a book I purchased to any website), web searches all come up with the same suggestion - use Calibre. So even if I strip the DRM with Python, I still need Calibre to (badly) convert the document. (Note my complaints are never about the DeDRM plugin, rather the file conversion to ePub.)

From a simple workflow perspective, easier to do the strip with the plugin during the import. Unless you hopefully know of another off-line converter routine I missed?

Last edited by CharlieSummers; 06-25-2017 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Typos, additional information, fix grammar oops.
CharlieSummers is offline   Reply With Quote