Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-10-2017, 03:45 PM   #16
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
There are some books (usually comics, manga & magazines I think) that are only compatible with certain devices or apps (some not working with Kindle 4 PC) I wonder if that's the case here?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 03:48 PM   #17
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Had you previously opened the book on your tablet?
Ok let's take this step by step. You are saying you can see the books in three places.
Question 1. Did you physically send them to all three places?
Question 2. Or did you download them to all three devices?

If you have with your own fingers either downloaded or clicked the send to wherever then you have a problem.
If you did not send it to the device or click to download it from the app, then the books are not on the device.

See here is the thing, I can go buy a book at Amazon, I can send it to one of 6 places. It will automatically be downloaded to one of the six. The catch is the book or should I say the cover will show up in the other 5 places but it will not be on any of the 5. I would have to touch that cover with the wifi on for it to download to whichever device I am on.

Many people think because the cover is there, the book is there. That is only the case if you have just one device.

If you think they are missing, go to Amazon.com, Manage my content and then check up to 10 books you want delivered to whichever device and click the deliver box.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 03:53 PM   #18
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by ittiandro View Post
How you can you know that the files delivered by Amazon Kindle are AZW, KFx, or PRC or other ? I'm just curious and would be more than happy to find them.

I have been racking my brains for two weeks and flooding the Forums across half world to find out.. To no avail.

I am utterly unable to find these files in my PC or my Android tablet file system, as I used to. . All I get is the book to be opened in the Kindle Reader. No other files are delivered , if they exist, they are nowhere in the system..

In the light of my failure to locate these files, I was coming to think that the only plausible explanation is that the hub of Kindle's books delivery system is out there in something like the Cloud. When we download a book from Kindle, it is not delivered physically to the PC or tablet, but only virtual shells, so to speak ( the book icon you click when you want to open the book), even if the book shows in the "Manage your contents and Devices " section" after signing in to Amazon, .

In fact , I verified this by trying to open a Kindle book in the tablet with the Internet disconnected. It won't open. This indicates that the whole file structure of the books is not in the computer, but in the " Cloud" totatlly controlled by Amazon Kindle system and inaccessible without an Internet connection and the heir permission ( sign-in) .
I don't know if I am discovering ..Columbus' egg, but with what I found out as explained earlier , I am still surprised that people claim to find these AZW or KFX files in the physical compure ob tablet. I'd be more than happy to be proved wrong in my " experimental" verification, because finding these files would help me in my academical project, by making a a more efficient use of the Kindle books I download.
I am sure that people tell the truth when they say that they find these files and I am most likely missing out something. Quite possible. There are a lots of people who know computers better than me..

I 'd be really glad to have commebts on this , How and where do you finfd thes eenigmatic, almost ghost-like files?

Ittiandro
1) Locate the folder "My Kindle Content". If you open up Kindle for PC go to Options then in one of the setting lists it will give you the location of the folder. It should be in Documents.

2) Google how to show file extensions on your pc, implement it so that every file shows its extension, I.e doc for word documents, xls for excel documents etc.

3) Go to the folder "My Kindle Content", your downloaded books will be listed by letters and numbers, for example, BZ00HJK01.azw. To know what book is load it into Calibre.

I've typed this from memory as my pc is off now.

Please note: you must have right clicked each book in Kindle for Pc and 'downloaded' the book onto your pc.

Last edited by Josieb1; 01-10-2017 at 03:59 PM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 07:23 PM   #19
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Many people think because the cover is there, the book is there. That is only the case if you have just one device.
Even that is not true anymore. The covers are cached, so even if you have only one Kindle, if you buy a book and delete it from your Kindle, the book is gone but the cover is still there so it can show in All (non-Downloaded)'s Grid view.
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 08:49 PM   #20
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NullNix View Post
Even that is not true anymore. The covers are cached, so even if you have only one Kindle, if you buy a book and delete it from your Kindle, the book is gone but the cover is still there so it can show in All (non-Downloaded)'s Grid view.
So the cover shows rather the book is on the account or not.
Now I am muttering something. Since I recently got rid of 200 books off my account.
Old 01-11-2017, 03:26 AM   #21
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
So the cover shows rather the book is on the account or not.
Now I am muttering something. Since I recently got rid of 200 books off my account.
No, if you delete a book from your account, it's gone. If you delete it from your Kindle, it's still in your account.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:00 AM   #22
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
From another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittiandro View Post
I am just off an almost 2 hrs fruitless chat with an Amazon Rep. He had me uninstall and reinstall the Kindle App, but it still didn't work.
That would have removed the existing book files from your device.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 11:47 AM   #23
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
No, if you delete a book from your account, it's gone. If you delete it from your Kindle, it's still in your account.
Whew. Thanks Paul.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:51 PM   #24
ittiandro
Connoisseur
ittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notes

Device: JuliusvonJD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
The Kindle for PC and Kindle for Mac applications still download to your computer.

Note: applications, not apps. The Windows App store or Mac App store Kindle apps store things differently. You must download the full application from Amazon's web site.

And for more detailed help, you should ask at Apprentice Alf's blog or Apprentice Harper's github repository.
I solved the problem: I was looking in the tablet, but I found instead all the Kindle AZW files in my PC after installing Kindle for PC. They are in the My Kindle Content folder.
Thanks

Ittiandro
ittiandro is offline   Reply With Quote