Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-18-2016, 06:52 AM   #1126
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
After updating to 2.3.0, I got the following error message attempting to update the metadata on a dozen books:

Code:
calibre, version 2.56.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>UnboundLocalError</b>:local variable 'new_comments' referenced before assignment

calibre 2.56 [64bit]  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && Obok DeDRM && Fantastic Fiction && Open With && FictionDB && Barnes & Noble && Find Duplicates && Extract ISBN && Webscription && Goodreads && Quality Check && Kobo Utilities && SmartEject && Modify ePub
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 863, in update_metadata
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 3558, in _update_metadata
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'new_comments' referenced before assignment
Things that make you go hmmmm....
Well, you're a lot politer than I was when I saw it. And it got worse when I saw where the error was. With all the adding of templates for the description, I forgot to test with the template option off.

I'll have a fix for this in a few minutes. I just have to decide whether to include something else as well.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 08:00 AM   #1127
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Update to version 2.3.1 - Quick fix

I have just uploaded version 2.3.1 of the plugin. This is a quick fix for the problem discovered by DNSB with updating metadata. There are no other changes in this version.

Calibre should present the update in the next hour or so. As usual, if there are any problems, please report them here.
Advert
Old 05-18-2016, 05:33 PM   #1128
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I have just uploaded version 2.3.1 of the plugin. This is a quick fix for the problem discovered by DNSB with updating metadata. There are no other changes in this version.

Calibre should present the update in the next hour or so. As usual, if there are any problems, please report them here.
Installed 2.3.1 and tested. No issues so far.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 01:20 PM   #1129
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
error while uploading cover

I'm not sure whether to report this to this thread or to calibre.
Regards, anacreon

Spoiler:

calibre, version 2.57.0
ERREUR : Exception non gérée:
<b>IOError</b>:[Errno 2] No such file or directory:
u'D:\\.kobo-images\\178\\199\\file____mnt_onboard_Kierkegad,_S oren_Kierkegaard_s_Writings,_VIII__Concept_of_Anxi ety__A_Simple_Psychologically_OrieDeliberation_on_ the_Dogmatic_Issue_of_Hereditary_Sin_-_Kierkegaard,_Soren_kepub_epub
- AndroidBookLoadTablet_Aspect.parsed'

calibre 2.57 Portable embedded-python: True is64bit:
False
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process
running on 64bit windows
Python
Successfully
initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && Kindle and Mobipocket DeDRM
&& Obok DeDRM && Fichier de sortie KePub && EpubMerge
&& KoboTouchExtended && Count Pages && Find Duplicates
&& Quality Check && Kobo Utilities && Modify ePub
&& KePub Output
File
"calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 1747, in upload_covers

File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 2664, in
_upload_covers
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py",
line 2468, in _upload_cover
File "site-packages\calibre\startup.py",
line 116, in local_open
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
u'D:\\.kobo-images\\178\\199\\file____mnt_onboard_Kierkegad,_S oren_Kierkegaard_s_Writings,_VIII__Concept_of_Anxi ety__A_Simple_Psychologically_OrieDeliberation_on_ the_Dogmatic_Issue_of_Hereditary_Sin_-_Kierkegaard,_Soren_kepub_epub
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 08:56 PM   #1130
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anacreon View Post
I'm not sure whether to report this to this thread or to calibre.
Regards, anacreon

Spoiler:

calibre, version 2.57.0
ERREUR : Exception non gérée:
<b>IOError</b>:[Errno 2] No such file or directory:

calibre 2.57 Portable embedded-python: True is64bit:
False
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process
running on 64bit windows
Python
Successfully
initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && Kindle and Mobipocket DeDRM
&& Obok DeDRM && Fichier de sortie KePub && EpubMerge
&& KoboTouchExtended && Count Pages && Find Duplicates
&& Quality Check && Kobo Utilities && Modify ePub
&& KePub Output
File
"calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 1747, in upload_covers

File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 2664, in
_upload_covers
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py",
line 2468, in _upload_cover
File "site-packages\calibre\startup.py",
line 116, in local_open
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
It looks like the cover upload has generated a file path that was to long. And that's an error in the KoboTouch driver as it doesn't take account of the cover files with "AndroidBookLoadTablet_Aspect" in them. But, I'm not sure if that version of the cover image is used anymore. I'll have to check that.

This has to be fixed in the driver. That might take a couple of weeks as I am in the midst of some major changes to it. In the meantime, all I can suggest is to use a template that generates a shorter path for the books when they are sent to the device.
Advert
Old 05-23-2016, 07:52 AM   #1131
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
It looks like the cover upload has generated a file path that was to long. And that's an error in the KoboTouch driver as it doesn't take account of the cover files with "AndroidBookLoadTablet_Aspect" in them. But, I'm not sure if that version of the cover image is used anymore. I'll have to check that.

This has to be fixed in the driver. That might take a couple of weeks as I am in the midst of some major changes to it. In the meantime, all I can suggest is to use a template that generates a shorter path for the books when they are sent to the device.
There is no hurry at all, and I can read fine with the original cover.
Thank you.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 01:50 PM   #1132
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
[...] cover files with "AndroidBookLoadTablet_Aspect" in them. But, I'm not sure if that version of the cover image is used anymore. I'll have to check that.
I've been routinely deleting the AndroidBookLoadTablet_Aspect files that Calibre creates for quite a while now and haven't seen any problems. I haven't seen the firmware generate or download any of its own for quite a while either. I can't remember how long exactly, but I think it has been over a year.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 02:08 PM   #1133
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's me again, Margaret

I added a few books and attempting to update the metadata triggers an error. When I selected the ebook listed as the last one being worked on and update that single item, the error is triggered. As near as I can tell, this happens when the ebook has nothing in the comments box as adding metadata removes the error.

Code:
calibre, version 2.57.1
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:object of type 'NoneType' has no len()

calibre 2.57.1 [64bit]  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Python 2.7.9
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && Modify ePub && SmartEject && Extract ISBN && Barnes & Noble && Kobo Utilities && Quality Check && Open With && Find Duplicates && Fantastic Fiction && Webscription && Goodreads && Obok DeDRM && FictionDB
TypeError: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()
Have fun....

Last edited by DNSB; 05-23-2016 at 02:21 PM.
Old 05-23-2016, 09:39 PM   #1134
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
I've been routinely deleting the AndroidBookLoadTablet_Aspect files that Calibre creates for quite a while now and haven't seen any problems. I haven't seen the firmware generate or download any of its own for quite a while either. I can't remember how long exactly, but I think it has been over a year.
Thanks for confirming that. I'll fix it with the other changes I've been doing in the driver.
Old 05-23-2016, 09:42 PM   #1135
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I added a few books and attempting to update the metadata triggers an error. When I selected the ebook listed as the last one being worked on and update that single item, the error is triggered. As near as I can tell, this happens when the ebook has nothing in the comments box as adding metadata removes the error.

Code:
calibre, version 2.57.1
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:object of type 'NoneType' has no len()

calibre 2.57.1 [64bit]  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Python 2.7.9
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && Modify ePub && SmartEject && Extract ISBN && Barnes & Noble && Kobo Utilities && Quality Check && Open With && Find Duplicates && Fantastic Fiction && Webscription && Goodreads && Obok DeDRM && FictionDB
TypeError: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()
Have fun....
And looking at the code, of course it will fail like that if there are no comments. It's a simple fix and I should be able to do it tonight.
Old 05-24-2016, 01:09 AM   #1136
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
And looking at the code, of course it will fail like that if there are no comments. It's a simple fix and I should be able to do it tonight.
Makes sense since I normally download/add metadata to ebooks but in this case, it was a couple that I downloaded from Baen that appeared with no metadata.

Looking forward to the update.
Old 05-24-2016, 07:15 AM   #1137
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Update to version 2.3.2 - Quick fix

I have just uploaded version 2.3.2 of the plugin. This is a quick fix for problem reported by DNSB. The problem was that I was not checking in case the comments field was empty. There are no other changes in this version.

Old 07-20-2016, 01:38 PM   #1138
MerlinMama
Evangelist
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
Just need info in case I'm using the Dismiss Tiles wrong. I **think** I'm using it right.

Open Dismiss Tiles.
Select Tiles I want to dismiss (I choose all except Sync).
Change database trigger ==> Create or change database trigger.
OK.
All is well.

The next time I add books, the way I understand it, I should not have to select the Dismiss Tiles again? The Library tile, however, always reappears.

If I DO press the Dismiss Tiles again, but change nothing (because it is all as I want it) the Library tile is still there when I get to home screen.

For the Library Tile to be dismissed again, I have to clear all the checkmarks, and then go through all the steps again.

Not sure if this would interfere, as I have no clue how this works, but I also have Dismiss Tiles from New Home Screen on the Library Button Default.

Using KoboUtilities 2.3.2; Calibre 2.62; New Kobo Glo HD
MerlinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 01:37 AM   #1139
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

The Dismiss Tiles option works by updating a database entry on the device to tell it not to be displayed. The next time the home screen refreshed, these tiles should be removed.

The trigger works by acting whenever the database is updated by the device. When a tile is added to the home screen, the database updated. The trigger is intercepts the update and marks the tile as dismissed.

If you don't use the trigger, dismiss tile is simply doing what the option does when you long press on the tile. It tells it to go away. But, the firmware could decide to redisplay it. This will be what is happening with the library tile. If you add books to the device, the library till will be displayed. If you use Dismiss tiles to dismiss the library, but at the same time send a new book to the device, the tile will be pushed back onto the home screen after the new books have been processed.

Unfortunately, something has changed in how the home screen is updated. In the past, I think the home screen was told to refresh and it would look in the database to see what tiles to display. Now, I think the home screen is told to display a tile and the database is updated separately. That means, that no matter what the database trigger does, the tile is displayed. But, it disappears the next the home screen is rebuilt.
Old 07-22-2016, 03:28 AM   #1140
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you for including the reason for marking a database as corrupt in the job details! I've been able to recover a corrupt database without having to sign off/sign in or copying a previous backup.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities