Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-13-2023, 05:09 AM   #2701
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
chaley was asking for someone to test the provided version for download. It's available now as a regular update, so you should be able to re-upgrade Calibre.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 12:09 AM   #2702
ArtoB
ArtoB began at the beginning.

Device: kobo clara
I just installed the latest version of the plugin (2.16.10) on the latest version of Calibre (6.23 - released today) (on Win 11), and the help file is opening correctly.
ArtoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2023, 10:07 AM   #2703
Phil_C
Addict
Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350; Kobo Clara HD; Kobo Clara 2E; Kobo Clara BW
Works here. Win 11.
Phil_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 10:45 PM   #2704
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle 4, Nook Gl4, Nook STR, REB 1100, Ebookwise 1500,
Can't get reading location

I setup the columns for Current Reading Location, Percent Read, Rating, and Last Read Timestamp based on the directions at the beginning of this thread. And everything works fine except for Current Reading Location. I created a custom column called Kobo Status, lookup #kobostatus, set to "Text, column shown in the tag browser", and I chose it in the dropdown for Current Reading Location. But when I connect my Libra 2 to Calibre I get what looks like a filename instead of Unread, Reading, or Finished.

What am I doing wrong?

I did manage to get the column based on percent read that PeterT created to work, although I can't figure out how to get it to register 99 and above as Finished, just 100.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kobostatus.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	202673  
BookJunkieLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 11:32 PM   #2705
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
My Libra2 (and Aura2) don't always go to 100% (in the book list), even when I 'page' off the end (goes back to the book list)

Those 'filenames' have anchors (#nnnn), Like a highlight would. How that is used????

I am not a user of that feature (reading position).

I only wanted Finished, so I log the done (date) manually and I did not ever want to overwrite any entry that was there.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2023, 06:33 AM   #2706
milady133
Groupie
milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Hisense A5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookJunkieLI View Post
I created a custom column called Kobo Status, lookup #kobostatus, set to "Text, column shown in the tag browser", and I chose it in the dropdown for Current Reading Location. But when I connect my Libra 2 to Calibre I get what looks like a filename instead of Unread, Reading, or Finished.
It's working correctly, you get the current position status of your reading, that is, the internal epub file where you left.

If you want something like Unread/Reading/Finished it would be better to use a calculated column based on the Percent read column. The calculation should be something like:
- If Percent read <= 1 then Unread (this way if you open the book by error but you stay in the cover page the book will continue to show as Unread)
- If Percent read >= 99 then Finished
- Else, Reading

I think unfinished books mark as read would tramp this calculation because Percent Read storages the real percent even when you mark the book as read, so you should go to the book and move to the last page so this calculation works.
milady133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 10:55 AM   #2707
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
My Libra2 (and Aura2) don't always go to 100% (in the book list), even when I 'page' off the end (goes back to the book list)

Those 'filenames' have anchors (#nnnn), Like a highlight would. How that is used????
Exactly. I don't understand the point of returning a seemingly unusable value. Although there is probably someone who can do something with it, but for the average person it seems pointless.

Quote:
I only wanted Finished, so I log the done (date) manually and I did not ever want to overwrite any entry that was there.
I originally attempted to manually log when I finish a story/book but I read a lot of fanfiction and it's easy to forget to do. PeterT's custom column back in Post 10 of this thread seems to be the best solution for me.
Old 07-17-2023, 11:24 AM   #2708
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I setup the columns for Current Reading Location, Percent Read, Rating, and Last Read Timestamp based on the directions at the beginning of this thread. And everything works fine except for Current Reading Location. I created a custom column called Kobo Status, lookup #kobostatus, set to "Text, column shown in the tag browser", and I chose it in the dropdown for Current Reading Location. But when I connect my Libra 2 to Calibre I get what looks like a filename instead of Unread, Reading, or Finished.

What am I doing wrong?

I did manage to get the column based on percent read that PeterT created to work, although I can't figure out how to get it to register 99 and above as Finished, just 100.
Ignore the filenames entirely, that's for internal use when restoring the reading position.

A 'column based on other columns' with this template should get what you want.

Code:
program:

if ($$#percentread >=#1 && $$#percentread <=#99)
	then 'Reading' 

elif $$#percentread >=#100
	then 'Finished' 

elif $$#percentread == 'None'
	then '' 

elif $$#percentread >=#0
	then 'Unread' 

fi

Last edited by ownedbycats; 07-17-2023 at 11:30 AM. Reason: typo
Old 07-17-2023, 11:24 AM   #2709
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Exactly. I don't understand the point of returning a seemingly unusable value. Although there is probably someone who can do something with it, but for the average person it seems pointless.
It's totally usable. If I have to restore that book (in the same ereader because of a problem or a change in the book that requires delete or other ereader), I can update the status (another option in the plugin) and the book will open an the point it has stored.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 11:28 AM   #2710
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by milady133 View Post
It's working correctly, you get the current position status of your reading, that is, the internal epub file where you left.
I was afraid of that since I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with it.

Quote:
If you want something like Unread/Reading/Finished it would be better to use a calculated column based on the Percent read column. The calculation should be something like:
- If Percent read <= 1 then Unread (this way if you open the book by error but you stay in the cover page the book will continue to show as Unread)
- If Percent read >= 99 then Finished
- Else, Reading

I think unfinished books mark as read would tramp this calculation because Percent Read storages the real percent even when you mark the book as read, so you should go to the book and move to the last page so this calculation works.
Actually the Libra 2, at least, moves it to 100%. I have a couple stories on my Libra that I ended up reading on my phone so I marked them Read on the Libra and Calibre was updated to 100% read.

Either way, I get what you're saying with the greater than/less than but I have no idea how to translate that into the template PeterT created.
Code:
Template:       {#percentread:'cmp($, 100, cmp($, 0, '', '', 'Reading'), 'Finished', '')'}
I've tried multiple times to learn template language Python but outside of some very simple things I've never managed to understand them. Usually I find templates others have created very similar to what I want to do and then tweak them until I get what I want. So far I can't figure out how to get it to register >=99. I can however manually change the percent column so that's what I'm currently doing.
Old 07-17-2023, 11:29 AM   #2711
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
It's totally usable. If I have to restore that book (in the same ereader because of a problem or a change in the book that requires delete or other ereader), I can update the status (another option in the plugin) and the book will open an the point it has stored.
Specifically for FanFicFare-downloaded fanfics, I also use it to calculate and display the number of chapters read.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-07-17 12_28_32-Window.png
Views:	46
Size:	5.4 KB
ID:	202687

This isn't really workable for other books though as the filenames vary so much.
Old 07-17-2023, 11:30 AM   #2712
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Quote:
I was afraid of that since I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with it.

Actually the Libra 2, at least, moves it to 100%. I have a couple stories on my Libra that I ended up reading on my phone so I marked them Read on the Libra and Calibre was updated to 100% read.

Either way, I get what you're saying with the greater than/less than but I have no idea how to translate that into the template PeterT created.
Code:
Template:       {#percentread:'cmp($, 100, cmp($, 0, '', '', 'Reading'), 'Finished', '')'}
I've tried multiple times to learn template language Python but outside of some very simple things I've never managed to understand them. Usually I find templates others have created very similar to what I want to do and then tweak them until I get what I want. So far I can't figure out how to get it to register >=99. I can however manually change the percent column so that's what I'm currently doing.
See post #2708. This is a slightly modified version of the template I use.
Old 07-17-2023, 11:36 AM   #2713
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Okay, I get it now. I've been understanding it more as Current Reading "Status" instead of the actual location in the book for restoration purposes. And yes, I know it says Location but since I wasn't understanding the use case it's not what my brain was comprehending. Thank you for explaining it.
Old 07-17-2023, 11:38 AM   #2714
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Thanks! I missed that somehow.

How do you calculate the chapters read?
Old 07-17-2023, 11:42 AM   #2715
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post

I changed 100 to 99 and 99 to 98 and it did exactly what I wanted.

Tags
calibre, kobo, kobo utilities, kobo-utilities, plugins