Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-25-2010, 08:25 PM   #1
Big Kev
Enthusiast
Big Kev began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle & Ipad
Reader Display Size Comparison

From one newbie to all the others, this may be of interest.

In exploring readers I wanted to be able to compare display sizes as I really couldn't see myself using a 6" reader. So I drew up a simple diagram overlaying most of the common sizes.

Boy would I love the 11.5" when it's released however I doubt the "Home Office" will approve my budget application!

Anyway I have attached the diagram which may also assist others. (Just don't stretch it after you've inserted into your document of choice.)

Regards
Kevin

PS I discovered after posting the attachment that it doesn't display that well. If you want a better reproduction then right click on the thumbnail and then select "Save Target As". Save it to your hard drive and insert it into your document of choice where it should reproduce and print at actual size as long as you don't stretch it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Display Size Comparison.jpg
Views:	615
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	44296  

Last edited by Big Kev; 01-25-2010 at 08:40 PM.
Big Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:05 AM   #2
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Good on ya' Kev, this is great! Especially the fact that you have both metric and old school measurments, very helpful (I'm metric-ly inclined myself and always have problems visualising dimensions in inches).

WTR the image viewer on this web site - I don't like it either, but it seems to be the flavour of the day, everybody is using them. When the image pops up, simply click on it again and it will open on a new browser tab/windows where you can see it in full size!
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2010, 01:15 AM   #3
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
I like the 5-6" readers, because they're small and can easily be taken anywhere. And the beauty is you can change to font size if you don't see very well...

I can see the advantage of a larger unit for displaying non-fiction books in PDF format, but not for everyday reading.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:28 AM   #4
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
The best option is to have two ereaders, one small another large. It should cover all our needs.

Very useful diagram. Photos and videos can be very misleading.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:31 AM   #5
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
You're missing one format! The 5"...

But thanks, now I know how large a 6" would be, compared to my 7"...

I made something like that for reader size (complete reader, not only the screen), as I wanted the smallest available. Which turned out the be the Hanlin v5.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert