Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 04-27-2023, 09:28 PM   #1
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
GameFAQ's HTML walkthroughs as ePub

GameFAQs is a good source for game walkthroughs and guides. I like to save local copies of guides I find useful and put them in my Calibre library in case my internet goes down or the author decides to remove them.

Most of the guides are just plain-text which are easy to deal with. But some newer ones are full HTML like this.

Any ideas on how I could make this into an ePub? Third-party sites or browser extensions (I have access to both Chromium and Firefox-based browsers) are fine.

ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 09:37 PM   #2
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
There is a quick and dirty manual way, but needs a couple of minutes of cleanup.
  1. Right click on the header bar and select Inspect (Q)
  2. You will be taken to the Inspector. (in Firefox)
  3. Slowly scroll down the list of <div>'s until the text you want is highlighted.
  4. Right Click►Copy►Inner HTML
  5. Paste it into your epub.
  6. Then you just need to delete the bits you don't want.
Karellen is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2023, 09:55 PM   #3
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That was my backup method; I've done it before with some old mozilla archive formats files when the plugin got deprecated.
Old 04-27-2023, 11:16 PM   #4
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
There are very basic python scraper tutorials you can use…just make sure you have permission of the website owner to use their info.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 11:40 PM   #5
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I tried WebToEpub after adding ?single=1 to the end of the URL.

It worked (though not in my usual browser). Also I'll need to edit the ePub to fix issues (duplicated sections, messed-up tables, etc)

Last edited by ownedbycats; 04-28-2023 at 12:06 AM.
Advert
Old 04-28-2023, 05:09 AM   #6
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
dotEPUB worked fine for me.
(You'll need to disable the Immersive mode option to have it export pictures, too.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote