Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-11-2023, 07:01 PM   #61
The_Enobee
The_Enobee began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianbk View Post
- As of right now, the extra 10% off for members isn’t happening in the cart. So wait if you’re a premium member to order.
As of today in the US, I can confirm the extra 10% for premium members is correctly applied in the cart. It looks like they take the initial 10% off, and then take the additional 10% off the new subtotal, which corresponds to my typical experience with B&N stacking discounts.

So a total of $38 off, which is pretty enticing. Also noticed it lets me apply B&N awards from the new stamp system on top of the discount.
The_Enobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 09:34 AM   #62
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
When I bought the last 7.8 the employees were so clueless I conned them in applying two discounts and i got the $199 ereader for $140 lol scored!
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2023, 11:49 AM   #63
The_Enobee

I've been impressed with the lengths employees will go to in order to maximize discounts in store. They've even looked up coupons issued specific to my membership after I've lost them in the wash. Typically top notch customer service at B&N (unless you need to know something about a Nook, anyhow ; )
Old 07-19-2023, 11:28 AM   #64
christianbk
Connoisseur
christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: At least one of each brand
Bad eReader has an unboxing video - https://youtu.be/O5umQ0zEJIc

Some observations if you don't want to give 'em a view:
  • The "n" on the bottom front of the device is capacitive. I guess this is why the cover doesn't have a little cut-out like the GlowLight 4/4e. We'll see if this improves responsiveness, as sometimes I try the shortcut to turn on/off glowlight and it works ~50% of the time
  • There is a matte screen protector pre-installed to help with glare due to the flush glass front. Still unsure how the flush front will feel, but glad there is the matte protector anyway
  • There is a little "nook" on the side of the device, which is a neat little touch

I'm always peeved with review outlets and such getting devices early. We're talking about an unboxing video almost two months before it's set to release. Ugh.
christianbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 07:12 PM   #65
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Bad eReader has an unboxing video - https://youtu.be/O5umQ0zEJIc

Some observations if you don't want to give 'em a view: ...
With that flush screen, it looks a whole lot like my Tolino Epos. The Epos even has a haptic button at the bottom (but no page turn keys, Bluetooth or headphone jack).
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2023, 11:29 AM   #66
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Some observations if you don't want to give 'em a view:
  • The "n" on the bottom front of the device is capacitive. I guess this is why the cover doesn't have a little cut-out like the GlowLight 4/4e. We'll see if this improves responsiveness, as sometimes I try the shortcut to turn on/off glowlight and it works ~50% of the time
My 2015 Glowlight Plus has a capacitive Home button and I prefer the hardware button on the Simple Touch and Glowlight 3. I tend to activate the capacitive button by mistake.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 12:26 PM   #67
christianbk
Connoisseur
christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: At least one of each brand
Badereader has a review!

https://youtu.be/denXt3-4so8

Looks sluggish. Capacitive “n” remarked as being finnicky. The actual ebook text quality looks really sharp though.
christianbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 03:04 PM   #68
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Sigh. Still the same old software. And it's considerably heavier than the 8'' Kobo Sage.

Not tempted in the least, sadly.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 05:05 PM   #69
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Sigh. Still the same old software. And it's considerably heavier than the 8'' Kobo Sage.

No temptation here, either. And the idea of a matte screen protector pre-installed makes me wonder just how much glare the screen underneath has, should one remove the protector!

Because my eyes have NEVER gotten along with any matte screen protector, and my flush front Sage has not needed such an addition.

Still, I suppose it's good Nook is at least offering a larger screen reader. Choice is always nice to have.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 05:58 PM   #70
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

the goodereader video is being used by B&N. looks like a great device
Old 07-22-2023, 05:58 PM   #71
HLS
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post

I don't see a big deal. al we do is read books
Old 07-22-2023, 06:09 PM   #72
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
I don't see a big deal. al we do is read books
People are different and what they want is different too. You don't see a big deal, I do. I sold my previous 7.8'' Nook because I couldn't stand the software, no matter how much I tried.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 11:38 AM   #73
HLS
Wizard

if you preorder do they ship early so to get it by 09/06 or does that date on the website mean it will not be shipping to the 6th? i would love to get it in time for birthday on the 4th
Old 08-15-2023, 11:56 PM   #74
Lunar Ronin
Lunar Ronin began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
if you preorder do they ship early so to get it by 09/06 or does that date on the website mean it will not be shipping to the 6th? i would love to get it in time for birthday on the 4th
I pre-ordered the day it became available, and I was given an estimated delivery date of September 16th.
Lunar Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 11:41 AM   #75
The_Enobee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Ronin View Post
I pre-ordered the day it became available, and I was given an estimated delivery date of September 16th.
I didn't notice an estimated delivery date, but can confirm my order status says shipping on September 6.