Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-26-2021, 04:33 AM   #46
LDB
Baker Street Irregular
LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PaperWhite 5, Aura One, Glowlight Plus, Scribe, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyta View Post
Bad link. "http://" needs removed.
LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 07:21 AM   #47
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Mmm, how about posting a good one?
https://goodereader.com/blog/barnes-...ut-in-december

Not getting this out for Black Friday is a big fail (even if world supply/shipping was the problem).

It's encouraging that it's not Netronix (NTX), so it will be different than the former Glows. 32GB, Bluetooth and USB C brings it up to today's standards. It remains to be seen how the software has or has not changed.
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2021, 07:37 AM   #48
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDB View Post
Bad link. "http://" needs removed.
Thanks. I was able to go to the FCC information linked and, when I checked "look at label placement," it momentarily displayed the diagram of the front of the unit, then it disappeared. I was able able to screen capture that image. This Nook is going to have the page turn buttons on both sides, but it's going to be set up more like the No-Touch Kindle Basic or Kindle Keyboard (on the edges). Happy to see that the buttons will remain.

I did this on a Chromebook. It might be possible to get a better screen capture on a regular computer at this link...

https://fccid.io/XHHBNRV1100-A/Label...cation-5524331
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GlowLight4.png
Views:	237
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	190456  

Last edited by rcentros; 11-26-2021 at 07:42 AM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 03:38 PM   #49
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
You might want to do a search on eink and ghosting. The newer eInk displays with their Regal waveform are less susceptible to ghosting but you will still need to do the white-black-white refresh every so often.
On the Onyx Nova Gen 1, I have an on-screen control to do a full refresh whenever I like. I can also set it to full-refresh, regal, fast mode, and A2. It's kind of cool. I will say though that the background is greyer than a Nook. I'm three generations behind, so maybe they've improved that. But software wise, the control is amazing.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 10:46 PM   #50
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Thanks. I was able to go to the FCC information linked and, when I checked "look at label placement," it momentarily displayed the diagram of the front of the unit, then it disappeared. I was able able to screen capture that image. This Nook is going to have the page turn buttons on both sides, but it's going to be set up more like the No-Touch Kindle Basic or Kindle Keyboard (on the edges). Happy to see that the buttons will remain.

https://fccid.io/XHHBNRV1100-A/Label...cation-5524331
That line on the back, I hope it's a scallop like the back of the ST, instead of a flat back.

At any rate, I really like what I can see of the design.

Wants:
Warm light
Waterproofing
Flush screen
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2021, 06:50 AM   #51
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The internal code name is "Gentoo".
The processor is an Allwinner sun8iw15p1, quad core, 1.5 GHz
It's Android 8.1
The fingerprint is NOOK/E60P54_android/E60P54_android:8.1.0/e1404efd13/8.1.1.19_user
It is 6" and the display is Eink ED060KH6C2, 300 DPI, 1072 x 1448, capacitive touch screen
The Adobe RMSDK version is 9.3.1.449, no big jump here.
That "Nook Digital LLC" is a red herring, this is a Netronix device.

Last edited by Renate; 11-27-2021 at 08:43 AM.
Old 11-27-2021, 08:44 AM   #52
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
It's a shame that BN didnt take care of their software issues. I thought the 7.8 plus was a fantastic piece of ereader hardware. I still think ergonomically they do a better job than the kindles and kobos. If they had fantastic software and tied it into their physical store experience like they used to i think they could get a good chunk of the market back.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 09:24 AM   #53
LDB
Baker Street Irregular
LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PaperWhite 5, Aura One, Glowlight Plus, Scribe, Sage
The 6" kills it for me. I have the G+ but rarely use it. I'll probably give it to one of my grandkids and drop Nook from the collection.
LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 09:53 AM   #54
cgsmom
Addict
cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook GL4+, Nook GL4e, Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle PW4, iPhone 14
Well this is interesting. I can't believe that I am still thinking about a Nook, but I am. I like my Glowlight 7.8. I have just been wanting a flush screen. Nothing about the information posted says it's going to be 6" except GoodEReader speculation. We all know how acurate that is. I was planning on buying a new ereader based on the best price on Black Friday, however, I couldn't resist the Costco deal on a Surface Pro. So, I am just going to stick with my Nook for now.
cgsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 10:14 AM   #55
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgsmom View Post
Well this is interesting. I can't believe that I am still thinking about a Nook, but I am. I like my Glowlight 7.8. I have just been wanting a flush screen. Nothing about the information posted says it's going to be 6" except GoodEReader speculation. We all know how acurate that is. I was planning on buying a new ereader based on the best price on Black Friday, however, I couldn't resist the Costco deal on a Surface Pro. So, I am just going to stick with my Nook for now.
Well didnt someone post here that they saw a spec sheet at BN and it said 6"???( first page of this thread post 14) Maybe they will be releasing a 7.8 down the line...
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 10:49 AM   #56
Renate
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgsmom View Post
Nothing about the information posted says it's going to be 6" ...
Mmm, what part of ED060KH6C2 is ambiguous?

OMG, the user interface seems overwhelming! How do you decide between THREE margin selections and THREE line spacings?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gentoo5.png
Views:	225
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	190479  

Last edited by Renate; 11-27-2021 at 11:28 AM.
Old 11-27-2021, 01:48 PM   #57
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Deleted.

Last edited by rcentros; 11-27-2021 at 09:24 PM.
Old 11-27-2021, 02:00 PM   #58
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Deleted.

Last edited by rcentros; 11-27-2021 at 09:25 PM.
Old 11-27-2021, 04:09 PM   #59
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
OMG, the user interface seems overwhelming! How do you decide between THREE margin selections and THREE line spacings?
Maybe it's going to be the children's Nook. Didn't Amazon target one of their Kindle's at children?
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 05:49 PM   #60
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
"Gentoo" = second generation?

Or is it an actual penguin?
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nook