Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-19-2020, 08:17 AM   #1
Jeronim0
Book Eater
Jeronim0 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW 2
Exclamation Can't see multiple authors

Hi guys, I’ve edited some (academic) books metadata with Calibre and within the app I can see all the authors perfectly, but when I transfer them to my Kindle with the Send to Kindle app if a book has multiple authors I can only see one, precisely the first one, about the others nothing to do.

I use the ampersand syntax like: Name1 Surname1&Name2 Surname 2 etc.

Its correct or I’m getting something wrong? Thank you

device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013 - Firmware 5.12.2
programs: Calibre v4.16.0 - Send to Kindle v1.1.1.250 - Windows 10
Jeronim0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 09:22 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
try sending the books with calibre using a usb cable. When you use send to kindle amazon reprocesses the files and all bets are off.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2020, 10:18 AM   #3
Jeronim0
Book Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
try sending the books with calibre using a usb cable. When you use send to kindle amazon reprocesses the files and all bets are off.
Thanks it worked, I can see all names!

Unfortunately now I can't see the covers of these books on my Kindle, but on Calibre they appears regularly. Any suggestion?
Old 05-19-2020, 10:21 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=329945
Old 05-19-2020, 11:15 AM   #5
Jeronim0
Book Eater

Thanks, I'm trying to use the method described by pokeit at post #12 but I can't find the system/thumbnails directory on my Kindle..

I'm on Windows 10 and I've enabled the "show hidden contents" option
Advert
Old 05-19-2020, 11:55 AM   #6
Jeronim0
Book Eater

Sorry, I've finally found the directory using the search option..

I've overwrite the the Amazon 'no image found' icon and now I can see the right cover perfectly

Last question: a book sideloaded to device from USB it's not synchronized with your library..how can I synch it?
Old 05-19-2020, 09:28 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

what library??
Old 05-20-2020, 06:51 AM   #8
Jeronim0
Book Eater

Quote:
what library??
The Cloud library of my Kindle, usually I go to the "my contents and devices" section on my Amazon account and from there I can manage all my documents/books stored on my different devices.
Old 05-20-2020, 08:00 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You can't, USB transfers transfer books only to the device
Old 05-20-2020, 08:14 AM   #10
Jeronim0
Book Eater

Quote:
You can't, USB transfers transfer books only to the device
Ok thanx I understand, sorry for my silly questions but I'm quite a noob using Calibre..

Again, thanks a lot for all your help! Bye!

Tags
authors, calibre, kindle, meta data, send to kindle