Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 12-29-2014, 10:40 PM   #1
David88
David88 began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad Air 2
Large AZW3 file without DRM won't convert

Hey there. I'm a first time poster. I have a 62 MB AZW3 book that I would like to read on my Ipad Air 2. I have tried to get it onto my Ipad in its current form, but it won't work. Changing the extension name to .mobi was no help. So I've turned to Calibre to try to convert it to mobi or epub. The book has no DRM, I am able to view it in the Calibre reader and I was able to transfer it to my kindle fire HD before it broke. But when I try converting it, the file stops at 47% for about 90 minutes before giving me this error message:

Flattening CSS and remapping font sizes...
Python function terminated unexpectedly
(Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\conversion\plumber.py", line 1153, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\transforms\flatcss.py" , line 185, in __call__
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\transforms\flatcss.py" , line 264, in stylize_spine
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\stylizer.py", line 273, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\stylizer.py", line 360, in flatten_rule
MemoryError

Can anyone tell me what is going on or suggest an alternative?
David88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 10:43 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Uninstall calibre and then install the 64bit version of calibre (your library and settings will remain untouched).
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2014, 10:43 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by David88 View Post
Hey there. I'm a first time poster. I have a 62 MB AZW3 book that I would like to read on my Ipad Air 2. I have tried to get it onto my Ipad in its current form, but it won't work. Changing the extension name to .mobi was no help. So I've turned to Calibre to try to convert it to mobi or epub. The book has no DRM, I am able to view it in the Calibre reader and I was able to transfer it to my kindle fire HD before it broke. But when I try converting it, the file stops at 47% for about 90 minutes before giving me this error message:

Flattening CSS and remapping font sizes...
Python function terminated unexpectedly
(Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\conversion\plumber.py", line 1153, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\transforms\flatcss.py" , line 185, in __call__
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\transforms\flatcss.py" , line 264, in stylize_spine
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\stylizer.py", line 273, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\stylizer.py", line 360, in flatten_rule
MemoryError

Can anyone tell me what is going on or suggest an alternative?
More RAM if less than 3.2G on a 32 bit processor
use a 64 bit processor and OS

the book is just too big for your system
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 11:40 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I can give you two solutions to your problem. One WILL work and one might work.

The one solutions that WILL work is to install the Kindle app and download the eBook via the Kindle app and read it there. The other solution that might get it converted into an ePub requires you to be able to download the eBook via the Kindle app. Can you do that?

Last edited by JSWolf; 12-29-2014 at 11:43 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote