Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 07-27-2007, 08:08 PM   #1
sianon
Addict
sianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony 500, Bebook, Kindle, Eco reader Drs and soon the Archos 9
Hi from Melbourne

Hi all.

I have recently purchased an Iliad which I am absolutely loving. I started reading e-books on my palm reader a couple of years ago and then bought a Sony reader in January of this year. Although it is a great little device, it had two major problems for me. 1) reading PDF files on it was just too difficult given the size of text and this was one of the major reasons for purchasing the device. I wanted to be able to have work documents readily available to me when away form my office. 2) being in Australia, I am not able to purchase new release books for the Sony as the CONNECT store is only available to residents of USA.

The Iliad solves both of those issues nicely with a superior PDF viewer which allows me to resize text so that I can actually see it (old age is creeping up on me ). I am also able to purchase books easily through the mobipocket format.

I would love to see longer battery life and a better charging system, however over all it is a product that well meets my needs at the moment.

Karen
sianon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:40 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Welcome!

You actually can use the Sony Connect store. All you have to do is lie and say you are in the US.

Though if you like the Reader for ebooks, I would recommend that you avoid Sony, and buy the ebooks in MSReader LIT format. There are two programs that will let you strip the DRM*, and then convert the LIT file to LRF for the Sony Reader. Look for this: libprs500

*Check and make sure it's legal first!
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2007, 12:35 AM   #3
cartz
Zealot
cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Inkpalm 5 Mini
Hi sianon,

Welcome, I'm new here too - I live in Tasmania. Do you still use your reader? If not then I may be interested in purchasing it (please message me if you are interested in selling).

Cheers,

cartz.
cartz is offline   Reply With Quote