Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-08-2023, 02:03 PM   #1
cgsmom
Addict
cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook GL4+, Nook GL4e, Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle PW4, iPhone 14
Pearl Pink Nook is back

The Glowlight 4 Pearl Pink Nook Limited Edition is back at Barnes & Noble for online purchase only.

I can't believe that I am tempted to order this. I am currently unhappy that B&N has decided to end the Windows Nook app. I went back to reading on my Oasis and realized that I just like the way my Nook displays books better. I can't even tell you why I like it better. Is the font, line spacing or something else? I just don't know.

I currently use the Glowlight Plus 7.8 (previous model) and I was thinking about ordering the new 7.8 with the flush screen. But truly, the 7.8 is just a little bigger than I like. A 6" reader fits my hand nicely. Buttons on both sides are so nice because I change hands often and hate rotating my reader every time.

Not sure what I will do but, hey it's only money right. You only live once. Someone please talk me into this. LOL
cgsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 02:46 PM   #2
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Limited quantities? On-line only?

Sounds like refurbs to me.
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 02:50 PM   #3
cgsmom
Addict
cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook GL4+, Nook GL4e, Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle PW4, iPhone 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calenorn View Post
Limited quantities? On-line only?

Sounds like refurbs to me.
Yikes! That never occured to me. Hmmmm!
cgsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 03:32 PM   #4
christianbk
Connoisseur
christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: At least one of each brand
I purchased one when they discounted it a little bit more for Premium Membership folks.

I have a normal GL4 and the new GL4Plus. I decided to splurge and get this as a Christmas present for myself due to:
- I prefer holding the GL4 more than the Plus. I'm a big fan of the "soft touch finish" that is present both on the back of the GL4 and on the bezels. I don't like the feeling of the glass front on the Plus and feel like the soft touch finish isn't as nice-feeling either.
- I'd like to see B&N do more special edition colors, so wanted to support the idea with my wallet.
- I had rewards saved up which brought down the price even more.
christianbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 07:43 AM   #5
jkrzok
Connoisseur
jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD, Aura One, Voyage, Oasis 1 & 2, Many others getting dusty.
Not to pressure anyone, but
Quote:
Today Only! Premium Members get an additional 20% off AND collect stamps to save with Rewards.
It sounds like the normal 10% off for Premium members still applies as well.

I do like my Plus very much.

Today is 12/11/2023
jkrzok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 05:40 PM   #6
rhyta
Enthusiast
rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ST Nook w/Glowlight (2)
So did anyone actually buy this model? Would like to hear from those who did, I am thinking of getting one off ebay rather than the 4e.
rhyta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 07:26 PM   #7
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgsmom View Post
Yikes! That never occured to me. Hmmmm!
Big Deals (who has been selling open box Nooks for a long time) has these for $100 on eBay. They have a good reputation.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/37437035900...Bk9SR7ClrPTHYw
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 08:09 PM   #8
rhyta
Enthusiast
rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ST Nook w/Glowlight (2)
Thanks, that's the one I was looking at. Went ahead and ordered one. I have bought used ST glowlights from ebay and they worked fine. So I am looking forward to getting it.
rhyta is offline   Reply With Quote