Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 10-12-2023, 09:56 PM   #151
jviscosi
Connoisseur
jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Focus, Nook Glowlight 4/4+, Inkbook Obsidian, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrzok View Post
Buttons in Moonreader work. I don't remember if I had to use the option in settings to use volume control buttons to turn pages.
I followed the instructions for installing the launcher etc. on the GL4+ (thanks, downeaster59, they were very clear and easy!) and got everything going, including Moon+ Reader Pro, but I cannot get the buttons working in Moon. I mapped pretty much everything I could find in the Control options, but no luck. If you remember what you did to get the buttons working in Moon, can you let us know? Thanks!
jviscosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2023, 08:25 AM   #152
jkrzok
Connoisseur
jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD, Aura One, Voyage, Oasis 1 & 2, Many others getting dusty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jviscosi View Post
I followed the instructions for installing the launcher etc. on the GL4+ (thanks, downeaster59, they were very clear and easy!) and got everything going, including Moon+ Reader Pro, but I cannot get the buttons working in Moon. I mapped pretty much everything I could find in the Control options, but no luck. If you remember what you did to get the buttons working in Moon, can you let us know? Thanks!
Under Control Options - Hardware Keycode Mapping I have

F10 as Page Up
F11 as Page Up
F9 as Page Down
F12 as Page Down

If you click on the X on the hardware keycode mapping line in control options you can find the F value for each key, in case yours are different from mine. Then just choose from all the options in the drop down menu.
jkrzok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2023, 10:30 AM   #153
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Ah, I found my problem! The version of Moon Reader Pro that the Amazon Appstore gives me is 7.0. It doesn't update beyond that. That version doesn't have the Hardware Keycode Mapping line. On my Boox Tab Mini C, the current version of Moon Reader Pro is 8.4. It has the Hardware Keycode Mapping line! Sooo.... the next challenge is getting 8.4 on my GL 4 +!
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2023, 10:55 AM   #154
jviscosi
Connoisseur
jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrzok View Post
Under Control Options - Hardware Keycode Mapping I have

F10 as Page Up
F11 as Page Up
F9 as Page Down
F12 as Page Down

If you click on the X on the hardware keycode mapping line in control options you can find the F value for each key, in case yours are different from mine. Then just choose from all the options in the drop down menu.
Ahhh, there's the problem! I am still using the version of Moon Reader Pro that I bought from the Amazon App Store seven years ago, and it's never been updated past version 7 (and is in fact no longer available as a new purchase), so Hardware Keycode Mapping is not a thing. Looks like I need to find a way to upgrade ... Thank you for the information!
Old 10-14-2023, 11:34 AM   #155
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by jviscosi View Post
Ahhh, there's the problem! I am still using the version of Moon Reader Pro that I bought from the Amazon App Store seven years ago, and it's never been updated past version 7 (and is in fact no longer available as a new purchase), so Hardware Keycode Mapping is not a thing. Looks like I need to find a way to upgrade ... Thank you for the information!
Here's one solution. Install the F-Droid app. In F-Droid, find and install Aurora Store. When you install it, sign into your Google account. Delete the version of Moon you got from Amazon. Install Moon Reader Pro from the Aurora Store. If you've already purchased it, don't worry if you see a price on it. Click it anyway and it will install the latest version. Then you'll find the Hardware Keycode Mapping!
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2023, 03:33 PM   #156
jviscosi
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
Here's one solution. Install the F-Droid app. In F-Droid, find and install Aurora Store. When you install it, sign into your Google account. Delete the version of Moon you got from Amazon. Install Moon Reader Pro from the Aurora Store. If you've already purchased it, don't worry if you see a price on it. Click it anyway and it will install the latest version. Then you'll find the Hardware Keycode Mapping!
That worked a treat! I will have to update Moon Reader on my "official" Android reader the next time I fire it up. Thanks to both of you for the assistance and suggestions!
Old 11-06-2023, 12:24 PM   #157
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I finally picked up the new Barnes & Noble nook and it’s quite nice surprisingly
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 01:01 PM   #158
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Also, Barnes & Noble is having a buy one get 1 at 50% off on e-books
Old 11-06-2023, 04:40 PM   #159
HLS
Wizard

I think the biggest improvement is the lighting. I no longer have to use the highest setting
Old 11-13-2023, 02:38 PM   #160
HLS
Wizard

So far I’m really liking the new nook. The screen is fantastic better than all the past models. They finally got it right. I do wish they improved the margins and the line spacing etc. etc. given us more choices but I’m satisfied with a very nice high-quality screen And the added screensavers
Old 11-13-2023, 03:29 PM   #161
The_Enobee
The_Enobee began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Agree, the screen is great, and the device overall feels very balanced in the hand and easy to hold for it's size. Really like the page turn buttons as well - excellent feel and much less accidental button pushing.
The_Enobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 01:59 PM   #162
HLS
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Enobee View Post
Agree, the screen is great, and the device overall feels very balanced in the hand and easy to hold for it's size. Really like the page turn buttons as well - excellent feel and much less accidental button pushing.
Ya, i am really pleased with it
Old 11-29-2023, 12:10 PM   #163
Strrav
Enthusiast
Strrav began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O edition 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
There are plenty of people who are not interested in a 10'' ereader. 99% of what I read is fiction and I wouldn't want to do that on anything larger than 8''. Too large and too heavy. So a Scribe-like item wouldn't interest me in the least, while a 7-8'' device would.
Yes 7,8 or 8 is the best format for reading I think !
Strrav is offline   Reply With Quote