Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 03-25-2023, 04:41 PM   #16
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
FWIW, There is a Sigil font subsetting plugin as well as JpegOptimizer plugin for Sigil. In addition there are command line tools to work with/compress png/gif images too.

So pulling together a similar tool would not be that difficult.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 12:42 AM   #17
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex2002ans View Post
Quoth actually shared my backup of Toxaris's "EPUB Tools":

which is a (fantastic) Microsoft Word addon to go from DOCX->EPUB.
Curious - did you ever get 1.27 to work for you?

I have no idea of how many updates of Word there have been since Sept 2018 - at a guess 20. Not only do the features of ePub Tools I use still work, they work better - in particular the Dialogue Checker, its faster and it doesn't trip up on its shoelaces anywhere near as much.

It occasionally goes AWOL at startup, but I overcome that toot sweet by setting its check box in Options.Addons.COM Addons back on.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 03:10 AM   #18
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Curious - did you ever get 1.27 to work for you?

I have no idea of how many updates of Word there have been since Sept 2018 - at a guess 20. Not only do the features of ePub Tools I use still work, they work better - in particular the Dialogue Checker, its faster and it doesn't trip up on its shoelaces anywhere near as much.
My main install has been busted for years with that odd:
  • Blank Options/Tabs issue.
    • Never could debug it or figure out the cause.
  • Dialogue Checker freeze (because of dual screens?)
    • Which again, we could never narrow down.
    • (It definitely was some sort of odd Word update after all those years.)

But I have a Virtual Machine I use for the main book cleanup, so IF it ever broke (which it hasn't), I could rollback to a working version at the push of a button.

Toxaris's EPUB Tools is the best damn timesaver for Finereader OCR->DOCX->EPUB + Dialogue Checking, so I'll never let it go.

Last edited by Tex2002ans; 03-26-2023 at 03:14 AM.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote