Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-28-2011, 05:10 PM   #1
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
Story HD Database

My iRiver Story HD reader doesn't update its own database in Collection View, so that every EPUB displays its title and author as "Unknown" until I've opened it once. This is inconvenient since I have a library of over 500 ebooks. Is there a way that Calibre could learn to update the database for me as it does for the PRS-x50 line?
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:34 AM   #2
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The Story HD supports browsing by folder structure, and Calibre can store files in a (very customizable) folder structure. That's what I use with my Story HD and I like it much better than the flat DB view.

This is just guesswork but, as for the database, I think it won't be easy to do. Although the database files are accessible in the internal storage of the reader, the format seems to be proprietary, and it also seems to have changed between firmware versions (newer versions now also store the font size in there, I think).

Then there are known cases where the Story HD device hung completely due to a broken DB file and at that point the device is bricked as you can't access the storage through USB anymore and there is no reset facility. So playing around with those database files could be dangerous.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
story hd