Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-07-2012, 11:17 AM   #1
Spock96
Book Geek.
Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
Silicon Kindle Sleeve

Hey Guys,
It's me again. I recently got this Silicon sleeve for my kindle. I have yet to use my kindle since.
(Working my through a PB series st the moment)
Anyone like these things?
Spock96
Spock96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:44 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I suspect you mean "silicone". Silicon is a rock. Silicone is a type of flexible rubber.

I have a silicone sleeve on my iPhone. Works very well indeed to protect it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:55 PM   #3
Spock96
Book Geek.
Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I suspect you mean "silicone". Silicon is a rock. Silicone is a type of flexible rubber.

I have a silicone sleeve on my iPhone. Works very well indeed to protect it.
Yes, Thank you. I can not spell.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:26 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I tried one on my K3 last year and it caused static electricity issues. When I took it off my K3 it made popping noises on the back. Later I turned on the K3 and the hardware inside jump literally. I threw the skin away.

I use one on my phone without any issues.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:32 PM   #5
Jack's Liver
Funk Master General
Jack's Liver is a jewel in the roughJack's Liver is a jewel in the roughJack's Liver is a jewel in the roughJack's Liver is a jewel in the roughJack's Liver is a jewel in the roughJack's Liver is a jewel in the roughJack's Liver is a jewel in the roughJack's Liver is a jewel in the roughJack's Liver is a jewel in the roughJack's Liver is a jewel in the roughJack's Liver is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kindle 3 / CRUZ T103 BRICKED / Sony PRS-300 Gifted to a :) kid / N7
I stopped using mine too it caused static electricity and would constantly restart my kindle
Jack's Liver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #6
JsKindle3
My K3 has my heart
JsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3
I actually thought about getting one- i thought they were the kind that snapped on....
JsKindle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:34 PM   #7
Spock96
Book Geek.

Mine slides on.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:05 PM   #8
JsKindle3
My K3 has my heart
JsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock96 View Post
Mine slides on.
i dont think id get one then. Too bad they dont have that snaps on- it would cut down on the static.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:05 PM   #9
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
I've used a silicone skin on my Kindle Keyboard for over a year and I've never had a problem with static electricity. It makes the Kindle much easier to grip and it fits like a glove. I love it!

Last edited by DreamWriter; 01-25-2014 at 06:15 PM.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:41 AM   #10
JsKindle3
My K3 has my heart

this is what i was talking about: http://www.decalgirl.com/skins/52343...ng-Almond-Tree

I thought they snapped on, but they dont.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:48 AM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
I've used a silicone skin on my Kindle Keyboard for over a year and I've never had a problem with static electricity. It makes the Kindle much easier to grip and it fits like a glove. I love it! I bought this one from the same eBay seller.
Have you taken it off to clean it? It was when I removed it that static was so bad but this could vary where you live on how bad static electricity builds up.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:50 AM   #12
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsKindle3 View Post
this is what i was talking about: http://www.decalgirl.com/skins/52343...ng-Almond-Tree

I thought they snapped on, but they dont.
Those are just vinyl stickers. They are a pain to install and they feel weird.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:15 AM   #13
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Have you taken it off to clean it? It was when I removed it that static was so bad but this could vary where you live on how bad static electricity builds up.
I've never had to clean it, but I have taken the silicone off numerous times for other reasons—like to put the Kindle in a more protective cover for transport. We don't use indoor heating at our house so static is not usually a problem, but when outdoor humidity is in the single digits the air can be more charged.

I do think that climate/indoor heating probably has a lot to do with it. Carpeting can generate static too. I've also read people complain that their silicone covers attract cat hair like a magnet. I have a long-haired cat, and that's never been a problem for me.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:29 AM   #14
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
I've never had to clean it, but I have taken the silicone off numerous times for other reasons—like to put the Kindle in a more protective cover for transport. We don't use indoor heating at our house so static is not usually a problem, but when outdoor humidity is in the single digits the air can be more charged.

I do think that climate/indoor heating probably has a lot to do with it. Carpeting can generate static too. I've also read people complain that their silicone covers attract cat hair like a magnet. I have a long-haired cat, and that's never been a problem for me.
My K3 without one attracts hair. I have no idea how to clean around the edges of the screen. It keeps getting pushed into there. The K4 does not have this problem. It's easy to clean.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:48 AM   #15
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
My K3 without one attracts hair. I have no idea how to clean around the edges of the screen. It keeps getting pushed into there. The K4 does not have this problem. It's easy to clean.
Maybe it's just your electric personality, Blossom! I don't have problems with cat hair on the screen either.