Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-09-2017, 07:43 AM   #1
dnastase
Addict
dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NG,NSTG,NST,AuraHD,OnyxT68,Lynx, BoyueT62,NGP,Aura1,Oasis,Mars
Question show book titles in file manager

I apologize if this was answered elsewhere, I couldn't find it.

Is there a setting to show book titles in the file manager ? Somehow ?
Currently it shows the directory structure, which is author named directories, with books inside (I have a Kobo) but it's hard to browse books like that...

Thanks.
dnastase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 08:26 AM   #2
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
There's work on new book manager which will work with books.

You can watch discussion and join in here: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/2614

So, to answer it, at the moment no, but there will be. You can help make it more to your liking if you join discussion.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 09:33 AM   #3
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnastase View Post
I apologize if this was answered elsewhere, I couldn't find it.

Is there a setting to show book titles in the file manager ? Somehow ?
Currently it shows the directory structure, which is author named directories, with books inside (I have a Kobo) but it's hard to browse books like that...

Thanks.
It sounds like you are using the default file structure that calibre puts on devices. One of the advantages KOReader offers over the stock Kobo software is that KOReader has a "File Manager" / "File chooser" that uses the simple "computer" file structure, with Directories/Folders and Files, that most who work with computers are at home with. Calibre and the Kobo Nickel UI use a book list based structure not a file based structure that computers and KOReader uses.

With KOReader you can use/make a library of ebook files, as you wish. I put my ebook files in directories named by categories, Action, History, Fantasy, Mystery, ect... The ebook files themselves are named so that I can browse them easily.

Calibre has tools to allow the naming of the files as you wish. This can be very helpful if you use KOReader's OPDS catalog support to wirelessly select books from your PC calibre program, using calibre's "Content Server".

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 07:01 AM   #4
dnastase
Addict
dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_S View Post
There's work on new book manager which will work with books.

You can watch discussion and join in here: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/2614

So, to answer it, at the moment no, but there will be. You can help make it more to your liking if you join discussion.
Good to know, thank you!
Old 04-10-2017, 07:07 AM   #5
dnastase
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
One of the advantages KOReader offers over the stock Kobo software is that KOReader has a "File Manager" / "File chooser" that uses the simple "computer" file structure, with Directories/Folders and Files, that most who work with computers are at home with.
Luck;
Ken
Yes, that was my intention on how to deal w/ this: write a small script that will create an alternate view of the existing author/book(s) file structure by using symbolic links.
... And as I was writing this I realized that I didn't check the file system type and sure enought it's FAT so I can't have symbolic links
So I'm going to have to go with your suggestion to alter the dir/file structure via calibre.

Thanks!
Old 04-11-2017, 09:25 AM   #6
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Does the (external) SD card support other filesystems than FAT? There could potentially be an interesting workaround there.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 11:08 AM   #7
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Does the (external) SD card support other filesystems than FAT? There could potentially be an interesting workaround there.
I seem to remember, it being done, to ext4 I think. It would perhaps make for some issues for Windows users, though.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 12:55 PM   #8
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Sure, but we're just talking about dnastase's personal use.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 04:21 PM   #9
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
This post by frostschutz might be of interest.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote