Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-21-2014, 12:15 AM   #1
duydangle
Connoisseur
duydangle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duydangle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duydangle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duydangle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duydangle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duydangle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duydangle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duydangle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duydangle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duydangle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duydangle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW|PW3
Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 4GB Lighting Problems solved?

Hello guys. I want to ask people having the newer Paperwhite, which has 4GB memory. As everyone knows that Paperwhite, even the 2013 model, has uneven lighting on some devices. I am an original 2013 model owner but I had to ask for replacements because of this problem. I am considering to buy one more Paperwhite (which now has 4GB memory instead of 2GB) or buy a Voyage, and I don't know if the problem still exists.

Can everyone give the answer?
duydangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 02:51 AM   #2
jeffyen
Connoisseur
jeffyen can extract oil from cheesejeffyen can extract oil from cheesejeffyen can extract oil from cheesejeffyen can extract oil from cheesejeffyen can extract oil from cheesejeffyen can extract oil from cheesejeffyen can extract oil from cheesejeffyen can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle PW2
The 2014 4gb model is identical with the 2gb 2013 one. I don't see a problem with the screen (apart from outright faulty ones?)
jeffyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 03:49 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
There are virtually no reports of lighting issues with the PW2. That problem seems to have been solved.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 05:57 AM   #4
duydangle
Connoisseur
duydangle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duydangle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duydangle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duydangle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duydangle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duydangle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duydangle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duydangle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duydangle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duydangle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duydangle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyen View Post
The 2014 4gb model is identical with the 2gb 2013 one. I don't see a problem with the screen (apart from outright faulty ones?)
Yes I think it's identical with the old one, but I don't know if Amazon quality control has been improved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
There are virtually no reports of lighting issues with the PW2. That problem seems to have been solved.
I hope so, thank you.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:46 AM   #5
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Amazon still refuses to update the product page and show that the PW ships with 4gb.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 01:12 PM   #6
maxkhoon
maxkhoon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
1st paperwhite is a chaos if I remembered correctly..

I sure hope everything is fine with voyage..
maxkhoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 03:02 PM   #7
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxkhoon View Post
1st paperwhite is a chaos if I remembered correctly..
Mine was fine. Clear screen. Even lighting.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 06:34 PM   #8
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
The first PW had reports of problems for one reason only. Because towards the beginning they had quality control issues.

It had nothing to do with the inherent nature of the PW or any other model.

The first batches were simply faulty.

FAULTY!!! Not in the plan!
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:39 AM   #9
Mort1997
Wizard
Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony various , Voyage, Oasis, K3, K4T,Nook Glow+Kobo Aura/H2O/One
I have had to return my PW2 which I got from John Lewis in January because at mid light levels the lower left screen was in shadow. (full light - the lights were working but hurt my eyes)

Not sure when this happened - I rarely read with the house lights off and I also have a NOOK STG which gets used a lot. But the good news is that I now have a 4GB PW2 instead of the 2GB. . (Altho' John Lewis still advertise the PW2 as having 2GB)
Mort1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:46 PM   #10
duydangle
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort1997 View Post
I have had to return my PW2 which I got from John Lewis in January because at mid light levels the lower left screen was in shadow. (full light - the lights were working but hurt my eyes)

Not sure when this happened - I rarely read with the house lights off and I also have a NOOK STG which gets used a lot. But the good news is that I now have a 4GB PW2 instead of the 2GB. . (Altho' John Lewis still advertise the PW2 as having 2GB)
Oh so glad that you got a new one. Could you report about the new pw's lighting? Is it working perfectly? I just want to know if there are pin holes at the bottom of the screen.

Last edited by duydangle; 09-22-2014 at 10:48 PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:53 AM   #11
Mort1997
Wizard
Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony various , Voyage, Oasis, K3, K4T,Nook Glow+Kobo Aura/H2O/One
Quote:
Originally Posted by duydangle View Post
Oh so glad that you got a new one. Could you report about the new pw's lighting? Is it working perfectly? I just want to know if there are pin holes at the bottom of the screen.

The screen looks good - no pin holes and the text is centered. If I wanted to be picky there is a very faint shadow around the lights around the bottom of the screen - but I am having to really stretch to find something to complain about. I am very happy with the device
Mort1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 07:01 AM   #12
duydangle
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort1997 View Post
The screen looks good - no pin holes and the text is centered. If I wanted to be picky there is a very faint shadow around the lights around the bottom of the screen - but I am having to really stretch to find something to complain about. I am very happy with the device
Thanks for your impression.