Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-06-2010, 02:19 AM   #106
tipstir
Coby MID7015 Tablet Guru
tipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-books

Device: 7015A, CM738A, 7015, M150, A7, A32, Next3, PDN 7"/9", GT78, ePad
Tipstir's | Rooted | ROM | MOD M-150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin View Post
Tipstir, will it support M-150 with 2.1.1.105? thanks for the hard work.
No I don't have access to the WMT2.1.1.105. But the latest version is now ready. I must warn though, I have no way to test it but it's build from v0.3 but using WMT2.0.0.105 updates. It does have 67 apps and bonus Wallpaper Collection Package 45.

Click on the image above and it will take you the file you seek.
tipstir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 02:57 AM   #107
tipstir
Coby MID7015 Tablet Guru
tipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-books

Beta ROM MOD for Maylong M-150 Walgreen's Tablet available
Old 11-12-2010, 05:19 PM   #108
bishop793
bishop793 began at the beginning.

Device: none
still no maylong!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishop793 View Post
i called walgreens yesterday...i ordered mine on 10/28/10. Havent seen an email yet with tracking..the cs at walgreens was no help..just saying that they are still processing the order....so i went and ordered the zt-180 from a US dealer on ebay (200.00). If the zt-180 is not a dude, I will return the m-150 back to walgreens.

funny thing is..when i first saw the m-150 on walgreens site, it was avaiable on line..later on that day it was sold out, then the next day they were available...not sure if they backordered more when they realized the demand was high.....
I just go a tracking number on the 9th but at first it said invalid number, now today its saying "billing info received". meanwhile I got my zt-180 last week and am happy with so far.
bishop793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:03 AM   #109
Grateful11
Grateful11 began at the beginning.

Device: Maylong
It's back on sale for $99.99. Can someone tell me if it will read pdf's? Also does it have zoom capability within a page?
Grateful11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:07 PM   #110
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grateful11 View Post
Can someone tell me if it will read pdf's? Also does it have zoom capability within a page?
I do not know anything about Maylong, but that does not really matter since there are plenty of Android PDF viewers including the one from Adobe itself. Just load whichever PDF viewer that you want to use. FWIW, all of them that I have looked into can zoom, since that is a basic required feature for small screens.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 01:07 PM   #111
Grateful11
Grateful11 began at the beginning.

Device: Maylong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
I do not know anything about Maylong, but that does not really matter since there are plenty of Android PDF viewers including the one from Adobe itself. Just load whichever PDF viewer that you want to use. FWIW, all of them that I have looked into can zoom, since that is a basic required feature for small screens.
Thanks! It's looks like there's going to be loads of these tablets hitting the market, may wait for something using the newer OS of Android. The reviews over at Walgreens don't look to promising for the Maylong.
Grateful11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 01:48 PM   #112
marinjim
marinjim began at the beginning.

Device: maylong m-150
FYI the Maylong is $99 again at Walgreen.com
marinjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:04 PM   #113
tipstir
Coby MID7015 Tablet Guru

touch image below or click with your mouse

The above was just release today for Maylong M-150. I've been working to release another ROM for it that works. So today looks like this one is working.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:57 PM   #114
scottfromscott
scottfromscott began at the beginning.

Device: Maylong M-150
I received my Maylong M-150 today (ordered on Oct 28).
camera software webcam feature works, but fuzzy

I was able to speed up performance by :
download advanced task killer at http://advanced-task-killer.en.softonic.com/phones
use file browser to open download folder and choose install
after install run app and uncheck ALL running apps
the device will run noticeably faster.
SF
scottfromscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:36 AM   #115
scottfromscott
scottfromscott began at the beginning.

Device: Maylong M-150
For the Maylong M-150:

I formatted a 4GB USB Flash drive FAT32 and was able to read a .txt file stored on it with the tablet.

There is a thick cellophane film on the screen which, when removed, allows the webcam to take pictures about as good as my Acer netbook (not too great).

Downloading apps without Android Market working is like pulling teeth

I am still happy with it...so far
SF
scottfromscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:26 PM   #116
Cobb
Cobb began at the beginning.

Device: itouch 1st gen
I returned mines too after 2 days of use. I visited a local McDonalds and both days after 20 minutes the web browser froze. Everything else would load up, but could not get a connection. This was at 2 different stores too. The market place had a lot of crap and Youtube videos were blury. The screen took a lot of effort and many cases the image on the screen darken or changed colors like if you press on an LCD non touch screen. It felt much like a childs or dogs toy, plastic, soft and squishie.

I got mines 3 days after I posted previously. I paid 99.74 for it and got 110.74 refund
Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:13 PM   #117
cavi
Connoisseur
cavi will become famous soon enoughcavi will become famous soon enoughcavi will become famous soon enoughcavi will become famous soon enoughcavi will become famous soon enoughcavi will become famous soon enough

Device: prs600
can it connect to the android market? if not, why?
cavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 03:11 PM   #118
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavi View Post
can it connect to the android market? if not, why?
Look at the specs for the Maylong M-150 Tablet. It does not meet the specifications to qualify for Market access. The specifications are provided in the "Android Compatibility Definition" which you can easily find with a web search. However, there are ways to hack Market access if you want to work at it a bit.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote