Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-27-2020, 10:24 AM   #16
SleepWithMachine
not meant sexually
SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Nova Air C
I bet they will soon bring one with speaker called nova 2 pro.
No matter, I ordered
SleepWithMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 05:14 AM   #17
pagepack
Zealot
pagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single book

Device: Aura One
I'm seriously tempted, I've never owned an Onyx. Broke my KA1, so I'm in the market for a new reader. Fancy something different, what's the build quality, software like?

As I'll have to import it from the states, delivery will be $40, plus vat at 20%. So it's quite an investment. Talk me out of it..
pagepack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2020, 06:30 AM   #18
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pagepack View Post
I'm seriously tempted, I've never owned an Onyx. Broke my KA1, so I'm in the market for a new reader. Fancy something different, what's the build quality, software like?

As I'll have to import it from the states, delivery will be $40, plus vat at 20%. So it's quite an investment. Talk me out of it..
Why from the states?
https://shop.boox.com/ has an UK Warehouse.
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 06:55 AM   #19
pagepack
Zealot
pagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single book

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Why from the states?
https://shop.boox.com/ has an UK Warehouse.
Nice one, thanks.
Old 03-28-2020, 04:05 PM   #20
SleepWithMachine
not meant sexually
SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

I ordered on Amazon yesterday, € 319 including shipping. Estimated delivery date 1.4
Advert
Old 03-28-2020, 04:48 PM   #21
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I will either buy here on the 31st from UK Warehouse, or here for € 250, if I can enforce the best price guarantee mentioned there.
Old 03-28-2020, 06:31 PM   #22
menpe
Enthusiast
menpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Boyue Likebook P78, Onyx Boox i86HDML+
I plan to order this from the UK warehouse to Hungary, part of EU. At the last step, $57 extra shows up as tax. Isn't it tax free if I choose this warehouse instead of China?
At the basket it displayed €254 with free accessory pack and free shipping which is almost too good to be true.
menpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 02:13 AM   #23
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by menpe View Post
I plan to order this from the UK warehouse to Hungary, part of EU. At the last step, $57 extra shows up as tax. Isn't it tax free if I choose this warehouse instead of China?
It is Hungarian áfa and you have to pay it at home for everything.
Here in Austria I have to pay 20% for it.
Old 03-29-2020, 03:28 AM   #24
menpe
Enthusiast
menpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Quote:
It is Hungarian áfa and you have to pay it at home for everything.
Here in Austria I have to pay 20% for it.
I thought about it after I went to bed yesterday but the math doesn't add up somehow. Hungary has 27% standard sales tax (at least we are number one in some way ) and the extra cost is ~20%. I guess the company just slaps the UK VAT on the product and calls it a day.
Also it is strange to see this american way of net price display here instead of the regular gross prices, tax included. I've never seen this on Aliexpress either but I guess we just have to deal with it.
Old 03-29-2020, 04:01 AM   #25
ottischwenk
Wizard

The calculation i got - valid for Austria (VAT 20%)!
Quote:
Subtotal $284.00
Shipping Free
Taxes $56.80
Total USD $340.80
If you got the same, then buy.
In Austria it will be performed in following manner: if you will buy from other warehouses outside EU then VAT will be calculated at customs and you have to pay the usual VAT - 27%
Old 03-29-2020, 10:39 AM   #26
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by pagepack View Post

Is $40 also added to that 20% VAT?

(Hey! I'm trying to talk you out of it!)

I think Peru adds the shipping cost to the original invoice cost when assessing its taxes. And also, if one uses UPS (here), then it goes to some kind of courier service that adds an horrendous markup to the whole thing - even if the item does not qualify for any due taxes!

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-29-2020 at 10:43 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 11:57 AM   #27
pagepack
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Is $40 also added to that 20% VAT?

(Hey! I'm trying to talk you out of it!)

I think Peru adds the shipping cost to the original invoice cost when assessing its taxes. And also, if one uses UPS (here), then it goes to some kind of courier service that adds an horrendous markup to the whole thing - even if the item does not qualify for any due taxes!
Not ordered anything yet, had a long read of various threads and the dubious updates and customer service and I'm holding off.

Since I broke my KA1, I had a oasis 3 and sent it back due to the very poor ghosting. The kobo range seem afflicted with their own lightning issues, which has put me right off. Tbh, not sure what to buy, not keen on going back to a 6" reader.
Old 03-29-2020, 12:10 PM   #28
menpe
Enthusiast

Quote:
The calculation i got - valid for Austria (VAT 20%)!
If you got the same, then buy.
In Austria it will be performed in following manner: if you will buy from other warehouses outside EU then VAT will be calculated at customs and you have to pay the usual VAT - 27%
Yeah, same stuff for me.
For €250 it would have been an impulse buy yesterday but for €300, I thought about it and admitted that I still don't really need an upgrade until my i86 is alive. So back to my original plan and keep waiting for the first 8" color e-book reader
Old 03-29-2020, 06:05 PM   #29
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepWithMachine View Post
I ordered on Amazon yesterday, € 319 including shipping. Estimated delivery date 1.4
Which Amazon did you order it from. Don’t see it anywhere?
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 06:19 PM   #30
SleepWithMachine
not meant sexually

heres the link to the product > amazon.de