Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-10-2020, 02:03 PM   #1141
jation
Enthusiast
jation began at the beginning.

Device: KPW2
I update KoReader after long time, not sure which previous version I use. I have now problem with custom hyph pattern.
How to add new pattern, I made for my language which missing. In previous Koreader version I only copy new patterns and edit language.json, but now this not work.
jation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 03:40 PM   #1142
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@jation:

c.f., https://github.com/koreader/crengine/pull/372 & https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/6596 for a recent example.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2020, 10:12 PM   #1143
frustratedhacker
frustratedhacker began at the beginning.

Device: KT3
I think there's some problem with wifi on Kindle 8 (fw 5.9.4). I press the "turn on" button when it asks if I want to, but nothing happens. To be honest, I don't even know what is the expected behavior; should a network selector screen appear after this or should I connect to the network before opening koreader?
frustratedhacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 09:23 AM   #1144
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nope, it's deferred to the system, so, if it's not setup there first (e.g., there's not a preferred Wi-Fi SSID set), nothing happens .
Old 12-02-2020, 11:13 PM   #1145
frustratedhacker
frustratedhacker began at the beginning.

Device: KT3
It is indeed as you say. Thanks for the help!
frustratedhacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2020, 12:08 PM   #1146
dnmmx
Enthusiast
dnmmx is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Hi Guys, Is there anyway to change default font for PDF text reflow mode?
dnmmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 01:06 PM   #1147
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnmmx View Post
Hi Guys, Is there anyway to change default font for PDF text reflow mode?
Nope. What you see are rearranged images, not text.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 03:52 AM   #1148
dnmmx
Enthusiast
dnmmx is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Thanks for your answer @pazos, I thought the text reflow engine converts the image to text using OCR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
Nope. What you see are rearranged images, not text.
dnmmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 09:26 AM   #1149
trefoil
trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1
Gateway Ping Failed on Wifi for KOReader

Hello,

After playing around with an old kindle 5th generation (w/o touch) the kual and the koreader are working for the most part, except the reader is a bit skittish with the wifi. It works well enough that it could connect to update itself automatically, but the ssh and the calibre won't connect. The network info says "gateway ping failed" but at least shows the ip address and the network name. Calibre keeps asking if I want to turn on the wifi even though it was already on.

Any suggestions?
trefoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 09:56 AM   #1150
NiLuJe
BLAM!

It's old, network conditions are subpar?
Old 02-16-2021, 05:41 PM   #1151
trefoil
trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trefoil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1
well, every other device on the network works well enough. I just wish I had a way to send files to the kindle via wifi, but nothing I do seems to work.
trefoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 08:42 AM   #1152
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Why is this thread not in the KOReader forum?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 11:27 AM   #1153
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why is this thread not in the KOReader forum?
Because it predates the KOReader forum?
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 02:08 PM   #1154
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Because it predates the KOReader forum?
But the thread in the Kobo Developer's form that also predated the KOReader forum was moved. So no reason this thread should remain here.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 02:16 PM   #1155
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But the thread in the Kobo Developer's form that also predated the KOReader forum was moved. So no reason this thread should remain here.
It is my understanding that this thread is for kindle specific koreader issues. Since kindles must be jailbroken to run koreader, koreader people don't want the koreader forum cluttered with kindle specific issues that most koreader developers and users don't know about or care about.
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, koreader, launcher add-ons, lua, reader, touch