Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-23-2015, 07:56 AM   #1
sautecambre
sautecambre began at the beginning.

Device: Aura HD
patch top margin ?

I have got an Aura HD, and unfortunately the top part of the screen is now no more functional (drop from 20cm on the floor, am I unlucky or is Aura HD fragile ?). It means that approx 1.5cm on the upper part of the screen does not work properly (line ...). I want to keep the e-reader and do not throw it to the garbage. So I used Calibre in order to put an additional margin (70 pixels) at the top and I use the patch developped to reduce greatly the bottom margin, in order to get maximum height for the text. It works. But I am wondering if I can add some lines in the patch or an additionnal patch in order to add a top margin, thus I would not need to reformat all my epub books ?
Thanks in advance
sautecambre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 10:57 AM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sautecambre View Post
... am I unlucky or is Aura HD fragile ?
Both I'd say. All current eink readers are fragile.
Quote:
But I am wondering if I can add some lines in the patch or an additionnal patch in order to add a top margin, thus I would not need to reformat all my epub books ?
I think the patch labelled
patch_name = `ePub fixed/adjustable top/bottom margins`
should do the trick. You'll need to uncomment the replace_string line in the section:
Code:
# Optional replacement value: Uncomment for a fixed top margin size in px,
# default 25px. Replacement value is margin size, two digits separated by \0
# (Leave commented out for an adjustable top margin.)
#replace_string = C99F1E, `%\01`, `2\05`
and experiment if the default of 25px is not enough.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 01:29 PM   #3
sautecambre

I tested the pacth, there is no error but it doesn't change the top margin, even if I increased it up to 99 pixels ... Any other idea ?
Old 03-23-2015, 01:48 PM   #4
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
I tested the pacth, there is no error but it doesn't change the top margin, even if I increased it up to 99 pixels ... Any other idea ?
On the Aura HD 99px is less than 1cm. You could uncomment the two optional replace_string lines in the `ePub fixed/adjustable top/bottom margins` patch but change the first one from:
Code:
replace_string = C99F1E, `%\01`, `2\05`
to:
Code:
replace_string = C99F1E, `%\01\0p\0x`, `1\05\0m\0m`
to get a top margin of 15mm and bottom margin of zero. (this is for firmware 3.12.1, but the same change will work in later versions too.)
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 03:30 PM   #5
sautecambre

It works !!! cool, thank you very much !

Tags
aurahd, patch, top margin