Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 11-14-2019, 02:12 PM   #1
samcohen
Connoisseur
samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
New IOS Update is on the way!

Hi Everyone,

There is a new IOS update on the way (Finally, I know right). We are working on some cool new features and after we diligently test it we should be able to release it before Christmas. Thank you for your patience and I can't wait to show you all everything we have been working on!

Update:

Expecting it to be ready sometime in Q1 of 2020

Last edited by samcohen; 12-16-2019 at 11:29 AM.
samcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 04:26 PM   #2
Mims
Addict
Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, iPads,IPhone,Aura H2O,PW3
Thanks for the heads-up.
Mims is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2019, 08:45 PM   #3
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
I greatly appreciate you letting us know what is going on. I'm looking forward to it.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 08:37 PM   #4
wrbriant@gmail.c
wrbriant@gmail.c began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thanks for the update, do you plan a release timetable for future fixes/enhancements?
Regards
Bill
wrbriant@gmail.c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 10:57 AM   #5
tas03
Zealot
tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Nook Glowlight +, Nook Tab. , Nook Simple Touch, iPad Air, iPhone 6Se
Who wants to be the guinea pig to make sure this update does not erase our libraries again or makes the app lose what little functionally it had left after the last update? Any volunteers?
tas03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2019, 12:23 PM   #6
wilhelmmedetz
wilhelmmedetz began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
OneDrive for Business (Office 365) support?

Hopefully the new version supports OneDrive for Business (Office 365). Looking forward.
wilhelmmedetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 03:05 AM   #7
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by samcohen View Post
Hi Everyone,

There is a new IOS update on the way (Finally, I know right). We are working on some cool new features and after we diligently test it we should be able to release it before Christmas. Thank you for your patience and I can't wait to show you all everything we have been working on!
And Android?

Please inform us if that platform has been abandoned and if not, what to expect and when.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 09:02 AM   #8
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
And Android?

Please inform us if that platform has been abandoned and if not, what to expect and when.
Just let me know when any new Android one comes out so I can make sure NOT to update it. I've just gone back to Android for my favorite books as CC for IOS is pretty much currently crap. I can read new books on it, but trying to find an old one just doesn't work, so if I want to reread a book it's back to Android, as much as I like my Ipad.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 11:33 AM   #9
milady133
Groupie
milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Hisense A5
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
Just let me know when any new Android one comes out so I can make sure NOT to update it. I've just gone back to Android for my favorite books as CC for IOS is pretty much currently crap. I can read new books on it, but trying to find an old one just doesn't work, so if I want to reread a book it's back to Android, as much as I like my Ipad.
+1 Given all the problems IOS users are facing, I don't want any update to the Android app
milady133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 02:15 PM   #10
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The only route I see to a good update to android cc happening is if the current dev quits or is fired.

If he can't see how to monetize it, he won't do it, and if he thinks he can monetize it he will probably break it like with IOS

Best advice, IMHO is to backup the installer while you can and study the workarounds so that you can manage without it.

The ODPS trick with moon reader to calibre content server is a good start
Old 12-02-2019, 03:16 PM   #11
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
The only route I see to a good update to android cc happening is if the current dev quits or is fired.

If he can't see how to monetize it, he won't do it, and if he thinks he can monetize it he will probably break it like with IOS
As I understand it the new dev is the copyright holder of the CC assets that were created by Multipie (the company behind this app). If he quits he can sell the assets to somebody else but I doubt it.

The whole CC brand has lost part of the value because the behaviour of the new "CEO". It can be economically viable during a few years and he can, probably, recover the money he spent buying the assets on the first place.

From the POV of the user there's nothing to do. Things are cristal clear: there's no incentive for the new owner to improve the software, technically speaking, so he's trying to push the mockup agenda and implement a few aesthetic changes to make clients happy and willing to pay a monthly subscription.

I'm happy with current CC for Android (I was happy on IOS too until the last update, now switched to Libreca). If the monthly subscription reaches android I will release an opensource alternative which would implement a subset of what current CC does, as a minimum viable product for everybody.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 03:22 PM   #12
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Quote:
Best advice, IMHO is to backup the installer while you can and study the workarounds so that you can manage without it.
t
What do you use for backingup the installer? I have apk extractor, but it doesn't seem to work.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 04:00 PM   #13
stumped
Wizard

Play store has lots of apps for backup and restore, mostly free.

Check reviews, find one you like....
Old 12-02-2019, 04:00 PM   #14
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
What do you use for backingup the installer? I have apk extractor, but it doesn't seem to work.
You can do it from your computer with adb.

Find the path where it is installed:

Code:
adb shell pm path com.multipie.calibreandroid
It will return the path to the application. In my case it returns

Code:
package:/data/app/com.multipie.calibreandroid-PeVtQTY_61elKAB3mFSNnw==/base.apk
Then I need to copy that path (everything after "package:") and retrieve the apk from the phone with

Code:
adb pull /data/app/com.multipie.calibreandroid-PeVtQTY_61elKAB3mFSNnw==/base.apk
Finally rename the file from base.apk to something more descriptive like CalibreCompanion.apk.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 04:04 PM   #15
stumped
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post

The whole CC brand has lost part of the value because the behaviour of the new "CEO". ...

If the monthly subscription reaches android I will release an opensource alternative which would implement a subset of what current CC does, as a minimum viable product for everybody.
Good to know. That's a great offer. Thanks