Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-15-2020, 04:39 AM   #1
Hebbo
Hebbo began at the beginning.

Device: PB740
Vivlio Inkpad 3 : no apps (dropbox/games..)

Hello,

I recently acquired a vivlio Inkpad 3. Model is PB740.
Software version is V740.5.19.1121, no update is apparently available.

First things first:
I read on this forum that firmware/software is different between Pocketbook and Vivlio.

If i upgrade it to pocketbook firmware (some did), I will apparently lose the integrated shop. (and probably support from vivlio)
So I'm not interested of doing so for now.

As I wanted to read epub, I added Pbimageviewer on it and working great.

That's for the little story.

Now I found that there is no Dropbox or apps / games like Sudoku.
There is apparently only the basics:
Library / Audiobooks / Web-browser / News / Dictionary / Gallery / Calendar / Music

I suppose Vivlio is selling inkpad without apps like games or dropbox.

Can I install them using .app files like I did with Pbimageviewer ?
I found Sukodu there: https://www.pocketbook-int.com/parts-of-software/
But it's not compiled. (and I can't do it myself)

As for Dropbox or other party software, where can I found them ?

Thanks for the infos
Hebbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 03:54 AM   #2
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
I'm not sure about the Vivlio firmware. Normally those apps in the "applications" folder are only shell scripts linking to the real apps. It could be, that in the Vivlio firmware the applications are still there but only the links in the "applicactions" folder are missing. I copied mine from PB631 for you in the attached zip file so you can try to put them in your folder. Please don't overwright your applications/or make a backup.
Attached Files
File Type: zip applications.zip (1.1 KB, 274 views)
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2020, 04:52 AM   #3
Hebbo
Hebbo began at the beginning.

Device: PB740
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
I'm not sure about the Vivlio firmware. Normally those apps in the "applications" folder are only shell scripts linking to the real apps. It could be, that in the Vivlio firmware the applications are still there but only the links in the "applicactions" folder are missing. I copied mine from PB631 for you in the attached zip file so you can try to put them in your folder. Please don't overwright your applications/or make a backup.
Thanks for the app files !
Tried and didn't work.

I can see all the new shortcuts in the app list. (with icons !)
But starting them does nothing.

I checked inside the sudoku.app for example and it seems it's only a shell calling the real app.

Code:
#!/bin/sh
exec /ebrmain/bin/sudoku.app
In USB mode, I can see there is only pbimageviewer (which I already added manually), in my /system/bin/ folder.
Can you check if you have files in there ?

Thanks anyway for the help.
Hebbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 08:10 AM   #4
EastEriq
Groupie
EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Cybook Orizon, PocketBook Touch HD
On my PB631, genuine PB firmware, the binaries are indeed in /ebrmain/bin/. You can inspect the system directories if you installed a terminal app, or ssh, or rooted. If the Vivlio firmware doesn't include them, I'm not sure just launching a copied binary would do. It may well be that they call libraries which aren't in the vivlio either, or depend on particular file locations.
If it helps, I attach my sudoku.app.
You may also want to check this and the Vlasovsoft suite, there are other sources for games.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sudoku.zip (67.5 KB, 227 views)

Last edited by EastEriq; 05-19-2020 at 08:32 AM.
EastEriq is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inkpad, inkpad 3, inkpad3, pb740