Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: How many shops did you buy ebooks from in 2019?
None. (I use the library and/or Public Domain and/or freebies) 8 11.43%
1 (Why bother with more than 1?) 24 34.29%
2 (The best of both) 8 11.43%
3 (Comparison shopper) 11 15.71%
4 (Bargain hunter!) 6 8.57%
5 (Looking is half the fun) 2 2.86%
6 (They all go through calibre anyway) 3 4.29%
7 (I'd forgotten that one) 2 2.86%
8 (I didn't know there were this many left) 3 4.29%
9 (Yes, I'm sure) 0 0%
10+ (What can I say - I buy a lot!) 0 0%
The Blue one next to the Fish 3 4.29%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-09-2020, 08:21 PM   #16
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
My list only includes books not yet read but does include at least one from each source. I didn't realize I had so many, but can't fix my poll answer.

Amazon (187) - includes author provided links
Baen (6)
Humble Bundle (20 - one bundle)
Phoenix Pick (15)
Weightless Books (6)
Kobo (1)
Smashwords (6)
Storybundle (47 - 3 bundles)
Wildside Press (7)
Author (1)
Kickstarter (7)
B&N (1)

Last edited by Tarana; 02-09-2020 at 08:35 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 09:39 PM   #17
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Baen
Grantville Gazette
Kobo
Amazon
Smashwords
Other direct from publisher
Humble Bundle
Kickstarter
Author (I was a bit surprised by how many were in this group.)

I didn't count sites where I was purchasing for another person so went for the last poll answer.

Last edited by DNSB; 02-10-2020 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Added the other direct from publisher
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2020, 10:04 PM   #18
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Looks like it's just amazon and bcmystery.com this year (if the 1 year subscription to their ebook... thing counts)
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 12:25 AM   #19
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I voted 3 (Kobo, Google Play, direct from publisher), but put all of my books in Calibre so could also have voted 6.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 04:28 AM   #20
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The books I got from bookstores were freebies. I got them from two different German bookstores (the big chain ones, with muliple B&M stores in every city).

I am a member in two libraries and have applied for a third one. As the third library is in a different county it is not sure they will accept me.

I used to buy a lot, but since my monetary downfall (doesn't this sound way more dramatic then being broke ) I found I don't need to buy. The libraries have everything I wanna read and wait time is no problem when I time the books I put on hold wisely.

When I got my first e-reader I was a patron of two libraries and bought books, too. Then it moved to buying only and now I am at lending only. It makes no difference in getting the latest books, just in my wallet. ;-)
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2020, 06:57 AM   #21
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Just 1 in 2019, 2 in 2018. Amazon (which is where I buy all of my books). In 2018 I had also bought a Humble Bundle. The reason: I don't need any third-party installation or registration (that is, not from the bookstore) download books and put them on both my kobo and my husbands kindle. Just the bookstore and Calibre is enough.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 07:35 AM   #22
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Just Amazon (133). (I'm counting Amazon UK and US as one.)

Last edited by murraypaul; 02-10-2020 at 09:40 AM.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 07:39 AM   #23
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
Amazon only - eight books in 2019. Almost all my reading is from public libraries.
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 07:45 AM   #24
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Kobo, Amazon, Google.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 09:37 AM   #25
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Google Play, Kobo, Books-a-million
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 10:48 AM   #26
ekbell
Guru
ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
At least 8

Kobo, Amazon, humble bundle, google play, Arc Manor, Logos Bible Software and a couple of small Catholic publishers.
ekbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 01:22 PM   #27
MickiTee
Guru
MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Pocketbook TL3, TL4, TL5
Amazon, Kobo & Google.
MickiTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 06:06 PM   #28
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
After I voted ove, I thought " crap, I forgot the cookbooks and the craft book." Then I thought about it and realized some were in 2017-18 and the other was this year. So I read correct that number is 1, Amazon.
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 07:37 PM   #29
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
In alphabetical order:

Amazon
Comixology
Humble Bundle
Kobo
Tappytoon

Not counting the romance Humble Bundle, think I bought maybe 10 novels. Most of my purchases are manga or comics.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 12:51 AM   #30
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Four:
1) Kobo: Primarily
2) Humble Bundle (Bought a couple of them)
3) DriveThruRPG.com
4) Amazon
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote