Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-06-2020, 04:49 AM   #1
Tanyun
Tanyun began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Auro One LE
to those of you with Oasis 3, question about warm light

I feel that the warm light really starting to show itself around the 14-15 mark on the "warmth" scale, and everything less is just different shades of grey and it feels pretty pointless to me, is your oasis the same?

Also, i feel like the maximum (24) warmth lvl could have been stronger? how about you? it's just a strong yellow and i'm getting used to it so fast i feel like i would up it by another number or two if i could !

can you check your oasis? thanks
Tanyun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 03:44 PM   #2
BionicGecko
Addict
BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Oasis 3 and Scribe
On mine the gradation is pretty consistent, but indeed it starts being visibly yellow around the 14-15 mark. For me level 24 is way too yellow, I would not like to read at that level. The sweet spot for me is 13-14.

For having seen three different Oases though, I can say that there is a noticeable variability in screens across different units, maybe yours is just less yellow?
BionicGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2020, 03:50 PM   #3
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
The actual perception depends a lot on the color temperature of light bulbs around you while you are reading.

Do you have a very blue light color above you?

Also, you can compare how it looks like against pure white and pure white pieces of paper, for example. Maybe your perception is also affected by a small degree of screen surface reflection?

Last edited by mergen3107; 02-06-2020 at 03:53 PM.
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 03:53 PM   #4
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Also, what is the main thing your Kindle to look like?
Do you want to “blend” it in the observable surround? Or do you want it stick out with yellow from it?

I mean, imho, once you pass that “a new device in my hand” phenomenon, you will find a set of good conditions for everything to just keep reading and not paying attention to such little details anymore.
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 08:30 PM   #5
Junket
Nil adsuetudine maius
Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4
The point at which low intensity appears gray might vary but it is going to happen on all devices simply because of eye physiology.

The best research on the subject tells us that it doesn't matter as there is better evidence that intensity is more important than early assumptions that red would have less of an impact than blue.
Junket is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert